View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 09:17 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by olly cromwell View Post
Wow I was on that coach as well (thought NE was the steward though could be wrong) it was an unofficial "official" coach with people booking on the coaches back from the first game ( remember someone being sick on the back seat) and we left Wrexham quite late
The police were quite confused with how to deal with 3 sets of fans and we ended up in the side terrace (we got moved from the away end as it was full of Mansfield, celebrating the title if memory serves)
So many memories, amazing how we finished our season at Wrexham and they still had one more game, mind you Wrexham really did chuck promotion away that season
From memory, Neil Everitt used to share the coach stewarding with big Gerry Mansfield (very aptly named for that trip!) - I vividly remember stopping at a sevice station and enjoying a laugh with some Wolves fans (they had just won the 2nd Division Title ahead of Chelsea and Clough’s Forest.

I believe our coach broke down and we limped into Birmingham and got a works bus home to complete an incredible day - our last ever trip in Division Three!