View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 10:28 AM
The hero of Shadow Moses?

Levski Sam the man is hereLevski Sam the man is hereLevski Sam the man is hereLevski Sam the man is hereLevski Sam the man is hereLevski Sam the man is hereLevski Sam the man is hereLevski Sam the man is hereLevski Sam the man is hereLevski Sam the man is hereLevski Sam the man is here
I think technology has made tennis and cricket both worse to watch, especially cricket. The farcical long waits over an LBW review take a lot of the excitement out. Tennis has been much less badly affected, but I'm just not keen on the umpire/ line judges being overruled by players and tech. It seems disrespectful. It is also really strange in tennis, as line judges are now clearly redundant (other than on courts without the tech).

Hate to see it intrude into football. It won't work well as people have said above, due to the high level of discretion/opinion involved in many decisions (fouls, bookings, cards, handballs), but the powers that be (and their expensive contractors who supply/run the tech) will force it to 'work' and will impose it on us, I'm sure of that. Also not sure what triggers a review? The info says 'only clearly wrong' decisions will be reviewed - who gets to judge what was 'clearly wrong' and how often will he/she do this? What it if is clearly wrong but unimportant, such as the ball not being in the corner quadrant, or a foul throw, or similar?

Hoping it goes disastrously wrong (in our favour) on Monday.