View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 11:32 AM

keltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by montrealeagle View Post
As someone who lives in North America ( currently minus 20c and snowing in Montreal) it would be wonderful if , before adding anymore “bells and whistles” FIFA could do something about timing the game. A clock that everyone can see that stops every time there is a stoppage in the game. If an ice hockey game, infinitely faster than football, can be timed surely we can time a football game. The sight of a man holding up a little plaque showing a MINIMUM number of minutes is so unprofessional it Is embarrassing. As the Americans love to point out “Soccer”is the only game that invents time.
I travel a round journey of 18 hours door to door for each home game. The last train home for me is 1830hrs from Euston. With the game ending at 1655 if I get out sharp and selhurst isn't too chaotic we get to Euston about 1800hrs so enough time to grab snacks, beers and find a seat.
Bring in your north America idea of stopping the clock every 10 seconds then I might as well kiss my season ticket goodbye as I'd be leaving at half time. Thats what I'm dreading.