Thread: Player Ratings And Reviews: Huddersfield (H)
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 08:29 PM

mean is like ice, their footing does betraymean is like ice, their footing does betraymean is like ice, their footing does betraymean is like ice, their footing does betraymean is like ice, their footing does betraymean is like ice, their footing does betraymean is like ice, their footing does betraymean is like ice, their footing does betraymean is like ice, their footing does betraymean is like ice, their footing does betraymean is like ice, their footing does betray
Dear Frank

I know its only one game and all that but you've got me a bit worried. It feels a bit arrogant to me to start to manage in a league you've never played in or managed in before, but to decide the formation and style your team will play come what may? A wise man once said 'evolution not revolution' and I really think thats something you should consider? I respect your playing past and your previous management success abroad, but most of the supporters that have been coming to SP for years saw today coming from pre-season, and we've just been 'Ole'd' by the fans of a team that will almost certainly be relegated this year? You need to earn the right to play a passing, possession based game, you can't just force it without the players to back it up. We did create some chances I accept, but none we wouldn't have created in another formation.

This group of players were just about good enough to survive in this difficult league last season with a manager who knew it well, and in a formation they all understood. We spent cú40m on players in January who know that style to stay up. Today, you played 2 teenagers (I think?) in the back 3 either side of a player that even an ex-England manager didn't pick much last year, and we didn't have the player in the side today that effectively gave it its core towards the end of last year, because we don't own him.

You chose a formation that no team but a very top team and one other with very much better ball players, has ever played well in the PL, and critically you clearly told your players to stick with it come what may. HTFC knew exactly what we were going to do every time we had the ball at the back and every time Reidewald got the ball they just blocked him out as they knew we were going to try and play out. Schoolboy stuff!! Please! Playing long occasionally isn't a crime, it makes your opposition think.

You just can't base this team around Punch in midfield. He just not good enough as a first choice any more. Wardy has been a great great servant, and he's an ok RB in a 442 fyi, but he's not an ok RWB. SD is not the man to boss a young back 3. Our goalkeeper isn't good enough because he's not nasty enough and we need a 2nd forward/number 10 to support Benteke.

Please reconsider your style and play to our strengths as a group. I applaud your aspirations to play a more control based game and develop, but lets do that with confidence on our side and not try and just impose/force it and for God's sake have the flexibility to change formation if it isn't working!! We've actually got the core of a decent team that playing 433 or 4141 can do ok. Earn the right to possession; earn the right to play and then evolve your style, and please, before the window closes buy at least a quality GK, a beast centre back and a decent 2nd striker/10.

Thats all. Good luck.