Thread: Lions tour 2017
View Single Post
Old 13-03-2017, 11:06 AM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My question on these tours is who is your best team and which players from others would improve that team. Generally the first question isn't easy to answer but in this case it is.

So who from the other nations improves England?
Furlong does.
Any of the hookers do (assuming we're comparing to DH, not George, Taylor or LCD who are all better hookers).
There's a back rower or 2 in there - Stander definitely.
The half-backs have to be Murray and Sexton, although the annoying gobby Welsh duo proved they can run them close. (FYI - that's not a go at the Welsh so much... but has anyone noticed how every half-back pairing seems to be full of gobby little shits at the moment? Other than Ford, who I'm not sure can actually speak)
Wingers - I like Daly but he isn't yet a Test wing, so probably Williams here.
Full back - Hogg and HP are way ahead of what England have (unless you put Watson there).

For me the starting 15 could be 9/10 English players but the bench would be almost entirely non-English.

1. Mako
2. Best (and possibly captain)
3. Furlong
4. Itoje
5. Launchbury
6. Stander
7. Tipuric
8. B Vunipola
9. Murray
10. Sexton
11. Watson
12. Farrell
13. Joseph
14. L Williams
15. Halfpenny

I'd have considered the Scottish hooker based on the 6N prior to Saturday, but his meltdown on Saturday tells me otherwise now.
Lawes and Warburton on the bench.
Webb, Biggar and Daly are my three backs on the bench.