View Single Post
Old 31-01-2018, 12:04 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Should be re-named The Worst London Stadium.

Been there twice for Athletics - a good experience, but having been to many meetings at Crystal Palace, it lacks the intimacy even for the sports it was actually built for as it is so vast, so if there are events near you, you feel involved, but anything on the other side of the stadium is so distant you may as well watch on the screen, which defeats the object of being there in the first place.

As far as going for a match is concerned, it’s utterly hopeless, I’ve managed to get a place in the first few rows of the lower tier on each of Palace’s three visits.

We have decent away support and one of our usual strengths, when the game just drags like last night, is getting a bit of noise going - but because of the back tier being so detached from the temporary seating in the lower tier, it basically feels like two different groups of fans - there is no continuity and any singing just fades.

I noticed on the way out, they already have maintenance issues with water leaking from gaps in the structure, if it’s like that after two and half years of being a football venue, it should be in ruins in 25 - by which time it should either have been demolished and rebuilt into a properly configured ground or condemned.

It’s a great lesson in how trying to be competitive as a Premier League ‘brand’ means you lose your soul as a club, as we have seen at Arsenal, Liverpool, both Manc clubs, Chelsea etc.