View Single Post
Old 31-08-2016, 12:02 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
We seem to have gone off piste so let me try to bring this back on track. This is about:

a) the legalities of invoking Article 50 and the Courts will decide whether the Government has the power under royal prerogative to do this by itself or whether Parliament must do so because it passed the Act under which we joined and therefore it may be that only Parliament can start a process under which we leave i.e. end up repealing that Act; and

b) the need to repeal or replace all the other legislation which if only done by Parliament could take 10 years or if not then the process could be deemed to weaken, at least, the sovereignty of Parliament. If not done before we leave then we could have laws that don't apply and so could not be enforced.

Now, Will, I'll address you as the last poster: this is not about the referendum result but one aim of that was to "regain sovereignty" so now you need to deal with the issues arising based on the assumption that A50 must be invoked. It's no good repeating what a Government said when that Government was dissolved and it's promise has no bearing on this current Government. Nor is there any point if your own sovereign Courts decide that it isn't a decision for Government.