View Single Post
Old 24-06-2016, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator

Kipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique Weasel View Post
Sounds like I am from a similar background to you, and am in a similar situation, I don't wish hardship on anyone apart from the big corporations and banks who I think have screwed over all of us well off and poor (I hope you at least agree on this point). I did not realize the immediate effect of leaving the EU.

Sorry if my vote today has reduced your living situation that wasn't my intention with my vote. But I truly believe that although we wont be in the EU in the near future not too much will change the Pound will bounce back everyone is panicking unnecessarily at the moment.
I used to work very closely with the unemployed, so I know all the hardships and barriers and the shitty system that attempts to deal with that. I don't bare you any animosity. I agree with a few points you've made. A message did need to be sent.

The only concern I've had is that the prospects the masses have been sold are from the very same people that screwed us over in the first place.

They created the situation, then have palmed off the blame elsewhere.

What frustrates me slightly, is examples like the below.

The BIS and SFA provided funds for the unemployed to gain access to training courses and qualifications. The Government cut this budget so harshly, many people in the sector became redundant, including myself. Companies wemt under, and certain courses stopped receiving funding. So the government made these cuts, but do you know what was still available? EU funding.

It just concerns me that people weren't fully informed of what the EU actually does and how it interacts with our society, and were just blatantly lied to.

How can one celebrate democracy when people voted on a foundation of lies? For me personally, it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.