View Single Post
Old 25-06-2016, 07:21 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleborn View Post
There is, but in a capitalist society we all need savings to buy the things we want in life. Ignoring the extreme rich, most people work extremely hard to get a mortgage, buy a house, go on holiday and have retirement financial security. To get these we rely on the markets. Any crash to these and millions of people have just had their hard earned savings shattered unnecessarily. Yes they might go up in a dozen, twenty years. But most forecasts suggest we'll struggle short term. Hardly desirable and potentially crushing for many.
I do understand all that and i'm not belittling the real concerns and fears people are feeling at this time re. their own economic future.

But I do feel that in the last 20 years or so we've entered this mind set as a nation where finances are given far too much air time and importance. It of course suits those at the very top who stand to gain most to have the masses obsessed with capitalism: their finances, house prices etc... You need the 'slaves' to buy into your ethos to keep your power flowing.

I'm not religious by any stretch of the imagination, but I do feel we have strayed from the path somewhat, and the real hysteria over 'the economy' this last 24hrs goes a long way to prove this.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel