View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 05:31 PM
Got 99 problems...

IpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just because we live in a democracy does NOT mean we (and the rest of the world) have a right to know the details of everything that goes on behind closed doors, especially sensitive matters that are confidential for a reason. It means we elect the people we think are best to make the decisions. If we don't like the consequences of their decisions we kick them out.

I am curious to know how much every person in my company earns, or have a look at the internet history of my neighbour. But i can't because of a thing called privacy. I live with that because as a citizen of a democracy i understand the value of the right to privacy.

Why should the world know what contingency plans are in place in the event of x invading y, or the key operational sites for the security of a state? Why is this not a private matter?

If there is reason to beleive ACTUAL wrong doing then follow the legal channels. If the leaks are meant to embarass and sensationalise then i do not support them.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Winston Churchill