View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Irish blood English Heart

OscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by IpswichEagle
Just because we live in a democracy does NOT mean we (and the rest of the world) have a right to know the details of everything that goes on behind closed doors, especially sensitive matters that are confidential for a reason. It means we elect the people we think are best to make the decisions. If we don't like the consequences of their decisions we kick them out.
I am curious to know how much every person in my company earns, or have a look at the internet history of my neighbour. But i can't because of a thing called privacy. I live with that because as a citizen of a democracy i understand the value of the right to privacy. Why should the world know what contingency plans are in place in the event of x invading y, or the key operational sites for the security of a state? Why is this not a private matter?

If there is reason to beleive ACTUAL wrong doing then follow the legal channels. If the leaks are meant to embarass and sensationalise then i do not support them.
This.
“You ever noticed how people who believe in Creationism look really unevolved? You ever noticed that? Eyes real close together, eyebrow ridges, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day" Yeah, looks like He rushed it.”

Amid concrete and clay, and general decay, nature must still find a way...