View Single Post
Old 19-03-2012, 06:06 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budgie Byrne
KL is turning into a real liability with his Tax issues and now he has apparently promised to make London a beacon of Islam in a very cynical attempt to win votes from the Muslim community.

It would have been a better position to make London a beacon or understanding between all faiths and non faiths. I am sure people of other religions and of no faith will be overjoyed with his latest attempt to secure votes from just one section of the community.

He has of course been accused before of links to Islamic fundamentalism. It was only two years ago that in Tower Hamlets, he campaigned against his own party’s candidate to back a controversial independent politician, who had been sacked by Labour for his links to a Muslim extremist group. I just do not understand why he was allowed to get away with this?

I am amazed that Labour cannot find a better option than Ken?
You need to understand that the Mayoral election is essentially fought in terms of the London transport zones.

So for example zones 4,5 & 6 will primarily vote for Boris where as 1 & 2 will usually, and there are exceptions, go for Ken with I guess 3 being pretty much mixed. But what Ken needs is turn-out, especially in those 1 & 2 areas and thus by appealling to the Islamic vote he can proportionately get higher support. Its also a part of his voter group which should, all things being equal, be more attracted to the Conservative candidate given its social outlook so Ken has to work hard to keep it. Ken knows he has the black vote in the bag but is aware that the Hindu and Sikh vote will probably go with the Tories hence his added emphasis on attracting the Muslim vote. Its the White vote that Livingstone does not give a shit about and whilst he gets the inner London soc.lib vote by default he aint going to bother wasting any time appealing to the rest of the white population.

For Ken its all about turn-out. The higher, the better.