View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 11:58 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Can't stand the whole referee running over to the side of the pitch to watch a replay on a titchy monitor, then running back onto the pitch and finally giving the decision.

Feels so amateur.

Only way something like this works for me is like they do it in Rugby when they show the decisions on the big screens and ref goes by that. Problem is, Rugby is a lot more clear cut and the respect means one player argues afterwards they are in big trouble! Could you just imagine it for a 50/50 decision in a footy game how the players would react once the referee makes his decision!

Offsides it would work for, this is clear cut. Pause it at the second the ball is played and have that line they use during Sky matches - then the writing can appear on the screen showing ONSIDE or OFFSIDE, no arguing then.

Things like penalties/handballs etc however are always going to be more problematic - unless it becomes a case of asking a simplistic questions such as contact or no contact.

Last edited by Shipp Ahoy!; 05-01-2018 at 12:01 PM.