View Single Post
Old 19-06-2018, 05:52 AM
Skin the Tagain

Skintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney Kickit View Post
Within the space of 45 minutes today I encountered 4 scummy cyclists. The first insisted on riding on the road on a stretch which has been modified to provide a specific wide pavement based cycle path with the road accordingly narrowed and speed bumped to slow down motorists. Result ? No cars could over take because of the speed bumps and lack of space. Tosser.
The next 3 cyclists were ALL riding on the pavement (not shared cycle spaces) with no lights after dark with complete disregard for pedestrians. I know there are plenty of motorists who treat cyclists with contempt but I also know cyclists increasingly think they have no responsibility to any other road / pavement users.
That's rather a strange compliant, the problem with the wide pavements is that they are useless for anyone travelling at speed and they also continue to lose the right of way at every entrance, frankly they are pretty useless for anyone that's doing any speed. Then there's the other problem that pedestrians have no awareness of cyclists on them. What we need is cycling lanes such as they have in Holland, separate to the pavement and cars can't park in them.

As for the 3 on the pavement, I do that sometimes. Outside of London and outside of town centres its not as though there's anyone on them. I suspect the killer mobility scooters are more of a genuine problem. I understand that in Japan its legal to cycle on the pavement at a low speed (no I can't be bothered to google it).

PS I know its an old post but I couldn't resist it.

Last edited by Skintagain; 19-06-2018 at 05:54 AM.