View Single Post
Old 13-07-2016, 02:16 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
This thread's been dormant for a while, so though I'd revive it rather than start another.

A couple of things I've watched on the Channel 4 player recently that I'd heartily recommend.

'Tony's Revenge'.

French crime drama that is at times brutal, sometimes very funny, and quite moving. Really enjoyed this much more than most of the Scandi stuff. Well done, you cheese eating surrender monkeys.

'Invisibles'.

Quirky comedy fantasy drama set in Prague, which looks absolutely gorgeous throughout. Revolves around the struggle of a man to come to terms with being a member of the 'water nation', a population of people who can breath water and are at odds with their own history, the church and the police. Most original thing I've seen in a while.

The plus for me was that both series are relatively short, so I didn't have to commit to months of viewing. Tightens up the writing as well.

Last edited by Stellavista; 13-07-2016 at 02:20 PM.