View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 06:26 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleborn View Post
It's an interesting argument raised there, in any event. However, I don't think it raises anything new. Ultimately the wording of Article 50 is unclear and can be construed in a number of manners. I ultimately think that there will be a number of legal challenges in relation to whatever plan of action the government finally settles on.

The exact way in which Article 50 is enacted may well come down to a decision in the Supreme Court and/or ECJ as to the proper interpretation of the Article. There will be consideration over whether Parliament needs to "approve" the referendum result, whether it is possible to back out once Article 50 has been invoked, and so on.

These are all arguments which can be properly argued due to the unclear nature of the drafting and the lack of previous experience on this. There are some very good lawyers out there who will be able to make some very compelling arguments one way or the other.

Of course, Mat and Will on here will continue with their baseless and repetitive arguments that Brexit means Brexit, despite being clueless as to the meaning of that.
Those may be caveats on the invoking of A50 but they don't contest the revoking, surely?