Thread: Ronald Koeman
View Single Post
Old 23-10-2017, 02:25 PM

CP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post
Isn't that the case for all managers though? Every manager has a style. Koemans style brought over 60 points over the last three seasons which is a great achievement. I don't think many managers would have got those points totals for those clubs (particularly Southampton who lost a lot of good players). That brings me to the conclusion he is good at maximising what he has. Everton has a high net spend this summer of 65m but it was only 27m and 21m in the previous two seasons. I think any club outside the top 6 would be lucky to have him as a manager.
Nowhere near all managers have a set style, Mourinho, Poch, Silva, Wagner, Benitez are Prem managers who are all adaptable, some others like Pellegrino I haven’t seen enough of to even judge. Maximising the best of what he has with straightforward defensive football and long balls, sounds like Tony Pulis or Sam Allardyce does it not? Like the aforementioned two, Koeman is not a bad manager by any means but he isn’t that good either, probably not what Everton need for their aim of being a top 6 club. Put him in charge of Palace though and I reckon he’d be decent.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 23-10-2017 at 02:28 PM.