Thread: Ronald Koeman
View Single Post
Old 23-10-2017, 02:39 PM

BillyTKid has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!BillyTKid has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!BillyTKid has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!BillyTKid has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!BillyTKid has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!BillyTKid has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!BillyTKid has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!BillyTKid has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!BillyTKid has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!BillyTKid has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!BillyTKid has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Nowhere near all managers have a set style, Mourinho, Poch, Silva, Wagner, Benitez are Prem managers who are all adaptable, some others like Pellegrino I havenít seen enough of to even judge. Maximising the best of what he has with straightforward defensive football and long balls, sounds like Tony Pulis or Sam Allardyce does it not? Like the aforementioned two, Koeman is not a bad manager by any means but he isnít that good either, probably not what Everton need for their aim of being a top 6 club. Put him in charge of Palace though and I reckon heíd be decent.
I would say Mourinho is quite similiar to Koeman and Pulis but he just has better players available. Wagner has a really set system and style of play. I think Pochetino like your comments on Koeman has a strong defense as a priority and then lets the flair players build from there, whereas Silva is the opposite and looks to outscore the opposition and play with a high tempo. I can't think of many examples of managers having success playing a certain way and then changing that massively. The changes only tend to happen when the budgets get bigger or smaller. Koeman played in some teams that played fantastic football and was (I think) one of the highest scoring defenders of all time. Who's to say that if he was given the managers job at Arsenal he wouldn't change things? My best guess is he would play with as much flair as the likes of Mourinho.