View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 12:49 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
I think the only change in him that is beyond doubt is that he's missing chances that he should be, and in the past was, putting away.

The other stuff is debatable, and dare I say it, perhaps rolled up in the catch-all desire to find blame for the terrible disgrace of this season, for which victims and punishment must be found
You're right to say the only real difference in Benteke is that he is missing his chances. His build up play remains good and he laid off a couple of headers in the box that an aggressive, advanced midfielder might have gotten onto, if we had such players.

But we are past making excuses now. His confidence is shot. He's the kind that doesn't show it on his face but his actions say a lot -such as when he took over the penalty against Luka.

It still remains the club's fault that we have so few alternative attacking player options and our style still relies basically on either Wilf running past players or Benteke nutting the ball. Another striker and an AM worth talking about. That was all we needed. Hardly rocket science. In a way, we would have done both ourselves and Benteke a favour by dropping him at some point this season but the club made that impossible.