Thread: Discussion: RLC
View Single Post
Old 15-09-2018, 11:27 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
We now have Kouyate and Meyer who have/will take over from RLC and Cabaye.
Unless on loan he’s going to cost us a fortune.
He’s shown glimpses that he’s a good player, but anyone who watched him for England this week wouldn’t rush to go and buy him. I also think he “looks after himself” far too well and doesn’t put his body on the line. I’d rather have the Meyer/CK/Jimmy Mac attitude in the camp.

Also we are so light up top at the moment, with or without Benteke we need another striker. Ayew is only a short term fix IMHO.
You must seriously underestimate Cabaye as a player, because the job he done for us still hasn't been replaced. And I'm hoping that Meyer is the man to do so. To have a player who can take off the pressure and show a bit of composure to retain possession when things get frantic is huge. Particularly for a club like ours where there's sides who will be happy to sit further deep and allow us to take the game to them.

Kouyate as good as he is with his strengths is in no way near a replacement for Cabaye. He'll provide versatile cover for us and stiffer competition for Luka.

Playing with Schlupp and Townsend has lost that balance we had in the system last year. They're naturally wider players and McCarthur isn't the creative midfielder we need in the middle of the park to make things happen. Zaha and Townsend as the front two seriously stretched opposition teams last season which allowed the likes of RLC and PVA to really find the spaces to hurt sides.

RLC was imperative to our success last season, I hope we're doing all we can to make it happen.

Clinton Morrison