View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 01:13 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
ITV commentators changed the way it was done in the UK, toward a sensationalism approach, drumming up superlatives and excitement about throw-ons. I miss the old whimsical commentary that didnt need to describe everything (as we are watching it ourselves?) that may regale us with an antedate or stat, or even better make a dry joke about the proceedings, unfortunately the likes of Barry Davies, have given away to Clive Tylesley and Jon Champion who are solely focused on making their voice sound dynamic whilst searching for that phrase that will go down in history books.... I wanted to smash my TV when Tylesley said 'Is it really 3-nil to Chelsea' against Barcelona in the 90's, I hate this form of commentary, unfortuately they all do it now.