Thread: Relegation 93
View Single Post
Old 16-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here
Re: Re: Relegation 93

Quote:
Originally posted by ElwissAtMemphis
Wasn't it Grobbelaar ? What with subsequent events, it makes me wonder whether there might have been a wealthy gentleman in the Far East who had a bet on Oldham to stay up.

James was on their books at the time, but I've got a feeling that Grobbelaar played that match. He was getting more and more erratic towards the end of his career and I think that that match was just about the final straw (if indeed it was him ... I'm not 100% sure)
I'm pretty sure it was James. He and Flowers were considered two of the best keepers in the country at the time and to see them gift goals to Oldham was sickening.