View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 06:44 PM

Tom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwissAtMemphis View Post
Just stumbled across this ...

Tuesday, 16 February 1982
FA Cup 5th Round Replay, Orient 0-1 Crystal Palace; Att: 10,067

Great finish and nice to see an old fashioned terrace bundle behind the goal in celebration. We were...

Barron, P.Hinshelwood, Boulter, Cannon, Wicks, Brooks, J.Murphy+(D.Price), Smillie •, Hilaire, Langley, Mabbutt

The usual baffling mix of genuine, proven talent, unfulfilled potential and utter dross.

Probably the first time I've seen it since being there on the night. I doubt whether we got home from the badlands of Waltham Forest in time for Midweek Sports Special in those days.

That's ex-West Ham keeper Mervyn Day getting beaten in the Orient goal. You were always guaranteed a few ex-Palace players in any given Orient line-up in those days; that evening it was Barry Silkman, Peter Taylor and Henry Hughton (actually Hughton was a future player technically speaking).
Next stop QPR quarter finals.