Thread: Player Ratings And Reviews: Southampton (away)
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 01:53 AM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
I just rewatched the game and the condition of the pitch was a disgrace for a premier league club of Soton's status, it affected both teams, but I feel our style of moving the ball quickly was impeded more than Soton's, on top of that the players looked knackered from the start and it wasn't until about the 3oth minute that we started to get to grips with everything and I feel that from then on we were the better team. When Sako came on he seemed to breathe life into the team and suddenly the front 3/4 were moving quicker. 4 points from 3 tough Christmas games is a nice little present.

Hennessey 6 - not a lot to do, but dealt well when needed.
TFM 6 - work hard all game
Shlupp 6 - struggled for much of the game
Tomkins 8 - another assured performance at the back, a rock.
Kelly 6 - did okay, but without JT next to him he would be in serious trouble.
Luka 7 - worked hard and scored a screamer of a goal
McArther 8 - MoM. Ran his socks off and scored the vital equalizer.
Cabaye 5 - look tired and got some heavy attention from the Southampton players that mostly went unpunished.
Townsend 8 - worked really hard defensively and offensively and provided the cross which led to the first goal and the pass for the second.
Benteke 6 - worked hard, but not his best game.
Wilf 7 - looked most likely to create something, but the conditions and probably fatigue made him look a yard slower than normal

Subs
PvA 6 - came on and again did well.
Sako 7 - Worked hard and breathed life into the other players. Quite amazing to see how the others players upped their game when he came on.

Roy - 8 First half tactics and formation didn't work, but he turned it around like he has done in so many other games this season