Thread: Player Ratings And Reviews: Southampton (away)
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 01:53 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Well that was an enjoyable trip!

Took just 2 hours to travel there, lots of food options in town to choose from and then an easy walk to the ground. Friendly, polite stewards, efficient security check that was well organised and a ‘light’ police presence. All good off the pitch and I didn’t see any issues at all.

We were so sluggish at the start of the match, but I didn’t feel we were out of it at half-time as we’re often better second half and Southampton hadn’t been that great.

We improved as the second half went by, and eventually Sako was brought on (personally I’d have subbed him on sooner as he’s on good form). He brings fresh tempo that seems to lift the whole team. In the end we deserved the points, as Southampton faded and their subs made no difference.

Great strike by Luca, and his face was a picture of joy as he celebrated in front of us. I’ve given him MoM for that, and the huge effort he contributed, especially considering his recent workload. Tomkins was best defender this time, and Sako was my ‘Sub of the Match’.

I hope all the Palace fans are now safely home. The drive back was a bit hairy at times in the storm, especially on an exposed part of the M3 where lakes of water were swirling around and all we could see ahead were the hazard lights of the next car. We couldn’t see the road at all. Thanks to those around us driving sensibly and calmly until we’d all passed through into quieter conditions.

One of those occasions when you know you’re going to drive more slowly and carefully, but it only takes one idiot to race through and lose control, and then we’re all in danger.