View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 12:26 PM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
League Cup semi final against Arsenal. I think we lost the first leg at home 2-0. I had it in my head that if we got an early goal in the away leg it was back on. Like that was going to happen.

I think we were 2-0 down at half time (4-0 on aggregate) and people were queuing to leave the Clock End at half time.

Then I got on the tube and there was some IRA bomb scare thing and we were held in the tunnel for about an hour. So I didn't even get home early.

What year was this?
I felt the same - Norwich had gone there and won 4-2 after being 2-0 down so it wasn't an impossible dream.

Ended up in the home end.....four seats away from the Cup tied Chris Armstrong. Spent a while wondering how I'd react when we scored given I was surrounded by Arsenal fans......but PAlace never gave me the chance to find out.
The One More Point book is underway....and only 12 years late. This will be a book about not just One More Point but a look at all fanzines and their impact. It will look at what it was like being a Palace fan and football fan back in the 80s/90s. If you have comments, memories or just to remind me some (most likely drunken) incident back in the day then please PM me. And if you can think of a decent title then please step right up!