Thread: Ronald Koeman
View Single Post
Old 14-11-2017, 11:51 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Yes I agree with that. I think fans are finding it hard to adapt to the fact that there are 6 clubs that you just can't touch, then the other 14 are pretty much on a level with each other and fight it out.

Go through a good run - as we did at the start of 2015/16, and you're knocking on Europe and seems you're a class side with a top manager. A few bad results and you're in relegation trouble, manager seems clueless and fans calling for his head.

The margins are so fine in that league of 14. One minute Pardew, Koeman and Howe are flavour of the month, the next they look awful; now it's Silva and Dyche's turn to have people creaming over them, but give it a bad spell and suddenly they won't look so good.

It's probably accounting for the quick turnover of managers. This 'new' 2 tier Premier League is giving a exaggerated sense of how well or badly you're doing.
There is also the fact that for most of those 14 teams they might have 1 or 2 players who could get into a top 6 side, then they have a number of PL quality players but very few have a squad with depth to having 2 PL players in 1 position let alone every position like the top 6. You therefore have to rely to an extent on the luck of when injuries and suspensions come.

We have 3 players who might get into a top 6 side in Zaha, Sakho and Benteke. All have missed over half the games so far and never started together. Other clubs who have kept their best players fit and playing week in week out are higher in the table.

If those 3 stay fit from now through to Christmas i do not think we will be in the drop zone when we are tucking into our Turkey.