View Single Post
Old 15-11-2016, 07:11 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExCroydon_CPFC View Post
Yes it is, but BTL is a lot different from other unearned income and the tax treatment should vary accordingly. To be honest I dont hold up much hope of s legal challenge being upheld, but I'm not worried and I'm sure most tax savvy landlords will find a way to manage their liabilities and finance, which will unfortunately but invariably include increased rents.

The government don't care about renters or helping people getting onto the ladder, it's just another way of increasing revenues by targeting landlords- an unfair stealth tax they know will face little public opposition over as they've done such a good job of demonising multiple property owners that no one really gives a ****.
i am sure savvy landlords would have seen this coming and were not caught out. Well I tell a lie, I know plenty that did and planned accordingly, and were not caught out. The clue was when SDLT on corporates purchasing residential property was introduced at 2m.

Personally I got out of the property game some time ago as I was over exposed to property risk. Plus there was the chance some bastard would come along and disallowed interest deductions against rental income, which would have been annoying.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.

Last edited by Adlerhorst; 15-11-2016 at 07:15 PM.