Home | Forums | Gallery | Predictions | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 23-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Otaku

lanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The Sunday Sun

Looks like it is to become a reality.

Tom Watson MP just tweeted "A News Corp source tells me Rupert Murdoch has seen the draft designs of the Sunday Sun with a launch in April at a discounted price."

Surprised it's taken this long actually. Presume the format will be NOTW2 just without quite so many celebrity scandal revelations.
Old 23-01-2012, 11:29 AM
my name is jeff

west country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There's already a "Sunday Sun" newspaper up north somewhere.
Old 23-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Guns of Navarone

GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy
There's already a "Sunday Sun" newspaper up north somewhere.
There is. I accidentally bought it when on holiday in the Lake District last year. I thought it was the newly launched rebrand of NOTW but then found it was full of stories about lost whippets and street recobbling.
"The West Stand has a reputation as a party area and we've got to break that. We've put together a series of measures to ensure that those people who want to watch cricket are not disrupted by those who are simply there to have a good time"The Times, back page, Wed 5 Aug 2009
Old 23-01-2012, 11:36 AM
my name is jeff

west country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUCCI Eagle
There is. I accidentally bought it when on holiday in the Lake District last year. I thought it was the newly launched rebrand of NOTW but then found it was full of stories about lost whippets and street recobbling.
Ha! Selhurst Celtic did the same thing when he was in Middlesbrough or somewhere equally ghastly.
Old 23-01-2012, 11:40 AM
The Milf Hunter

robcpfc is slamming the wasps from the pure apple of truthrobcpfc is slamming the wasps from the pure apple of truthrobcpfc is slamming the wasps from the pure apple of truthrobcpfc is slamming the wasps from the pure apple of truthrobcpfc is slamming the wasps from the pure apple of truthrobcpfc is slamming the wasps from the pure apple of truthrobcpfc is slamming the wasps from the pure apple of truthrobcpfc is slamming the wasps from the pure apple of truthrobcpfc is slamming the wasps from the pure apple of truthrobcpfc is slamming the wasps from the pure apple of truthrobcpfc is slamming the wasps from the pure apple of truth
i can confirm the Sunday Sun is on sale up here in newcastle. and its pretty dire.
Old 23-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Irish blood English Heart

OscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy
There's already a "Sunday Sun" comic up north somewhere.
Yep
“You ever noticed how people who believe in Creationism look really unevolved? You ever noticed that? Eyes real close together, eyebrow ridges, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day" Yeah, looks like He rushed it.”

Amid concrete and clay, and general decay, nature must still find a way...
Old 23-01-2012, 11:49 AM
playing 4-4-2

gadford4th : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegadford4th : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegadford4th : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegadford4th : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegadford4th : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegadford4th : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegadford4th : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegadford4th : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegadford4th : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegadford4th : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegadford4th : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
A freelance journo friend of mine said it was being planned as a certainty before the NOTW closed. They've waited just the right amount of time for the storm to blow over.
Old 23-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Green man

OldPeanutSeller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOldPeanutSeller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOldPeanutSeller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOldPeanutSeller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOldPeanutSeller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOldPeanutSeller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOldPeanutSeller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOldPeanutSeller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOldPeanutSeller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOldPeanutSeller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOldPeanutSeller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Hope it fails miserably and that nobody buys it. However, this is unlikely to happen.
Old 23-01-2012, 11:56 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc4evandeva : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc4evandeva : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc4evandeva : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc4evandeva : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc4evandeva : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc4evandeva : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc4evandeva : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc4evandeva : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc4evandeva : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc4evandeva : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadford4th
They've waited just the right amount of time for the storm to blow over.
With all the stuff coming about Millie Dowler at the moment, I think that the timing hasn't worked in their favour.
Old 23-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Palace since 1989

Scrumpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScrumpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScrumpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScrumpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScrumpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScrumpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScrumpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScrumpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScrumpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScrumpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScrumpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I didn't mind the NOTW as their football coverage was pretty decent. That was the only decent thing about it though

Quote:
Originally Posted by a Brighton Fan on North Stand Chat
On Pulis: "They won't get relegated with him in charge. Ever. Thinking about it makes me want to vomit."
Old 23-01-2012, 12:16 PM
♥ Mile

zonin2000 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezonin2000 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezonin2000 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezonin2000 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezonin2000 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezonin2000 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezonin2000 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezonin2000 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezonin2000 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezonin2000 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezonin2000 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
How come it's not as simple as:

- Use old NOTW format
- Bam.
It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched tv. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Old 23-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Guns of Navarone

GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonin2000
How come it's not as simple as:

- Use old NOTW format
- Bam.
It was a toxic brand. They need to leave a certain amount of time and make some minor changes so that it's not associated with the sleazy journalism of the NOTW. There has definitely been a yawning gap in the choice of Sunday papers since it went but I wonder, given the long and drawn out nature of this issue (current inquiry, future inquiries, court cases, even more inquiries) whether Murdoch will pull out of printed news and do more with the media that is actually making money. Save for The Times that is.
"The West Stand has a reputation as a party area and we've got to break that. We've put together a series of measures to ensure that those people who want to watch cricket are not disrupted by those who are simply there to have a good time"The Times, back page, Wed 5 Aug 2009
Old 23-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Doting Grandfather

BaldEagle96 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldEagle96 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldEagle96 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldEagle96 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldEagle96 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldEagle96 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldEagle96 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldEagle96 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldEagle96 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldEagle96 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldEagle96 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Amazed it has taken this long although I do understand their need to be seen to be doing the right thing by waiting a while. More like let the shit settle and then off we go again.
Old 23-01-2012, 03:25 PM

Mat ov CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMat ov CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMat ov CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMat ov CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMat ov CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMat ov CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMat ov CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMat ov CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMat ov CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMat ov CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMat ov CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
It was a toxic brand. They need to leave a certain amount of time and make some minor changes so that it's not associated with the sleazy journalism of the NOTW. There has definitely been a yawning gap in the choice of Sunday papers since it went but I wonder, given the long and drawn out nature of this issue (current inquiry, future inquiries, court cases, even more inquiries) whether Murdoch will pull out of printed news and do more with the media that is actually making money. Save for The Times that is.
So instead it can be associated with the sleazy journalism of the Sun ?

Enough morons will go out and buy it though for it to make a nice healthy profit so who gives a shit about the hacking of the phones of murdered girls ?

And as for a 'yawning gap', are you having a laugh ? Or are you missing your regular tales of tawdy 'roastings' and so on ?
Old 23-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmileysmith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmileysmith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmileysmith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmileysmith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmileysmith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmileysmith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmileysmith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmileysmith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmileysmith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmileysmith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Indeed. Can't say I've noticed a 'yawning gap' in the market!
I'm on www.soulradiouk.com, 10pm till midnight, Every Thursday, and www.gsrs24.com most Saturday nights 9pm till I feel like stopping. You can listen in direct at the radio stations or on my mixlr. If you are in London you can turn your FM dial to the left.

Playing soul, funk, boogie, disco, edits, deep house, soulful house, classic hip-hop and whatever other records I find lying around ...

Facebook

Listen to the recorded shows here: https://soundcloud.com/londonswagger
Old 23-01-2012, 03:39 PM
Guns of Navarone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat ov CPFC
So instead it can be associated with the sleazy journalism of the Sun ?

Enough morons will go out and buy it though for it to make a nice healthy profit so who gives a shit about the hacking of the phones of murdered girls ?

And as for a 'yawning gap', are you having a laugh ? Or are you missing your regular tales of tawdy 'roastings' and so on ?
It's a shame you've used a bad example to end this post. Tawdry roastings are legitimate, public interest news stories!

The Sun brand hasn't become toxic. It has maintained sales, received no more criticism than the general press and as far as I know remains the country's most read newspaper.

The Sunday Mirror and People have not filled the gap left by the NOTW. Not on celeb news or genuine investigative journalism.

I don't tend to buy a Sunday newspaper. I flick through the Observer, Sun Times, Sun Telegraph, Sun Mirror when I get to work on Monday.

'I read all of them' (Sarah Palin, Katie Couric interview, 2008)
Old 23-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Guns of Navarone

You can tell when there's a yawning gap when someone successful is interested in filling it.
Old 23-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmileysmith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmileysmith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmileysmith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmileysmith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmileysmith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmileysmith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmileysmith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmileysmith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmileysmith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmileysmith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
You can tell when there's a yawning gap when someone successful is interested in filling it.
The same person that filled it before? In fact, arguably, the same person that created it.

EDIT. Roastings may be amusing, but they should not be considered news.
I'm on www.soulradiouk.com, 10pm till midnight, Every Thursday, and www.gsrs24.com most Saturday nights 9pm till I feel like stopping. You can listen in direct at the radio stations or on my mixlr. If you are in London you can turn your FM dial to the left.

Playing soul, funk, boogie, disco, edits, deep house, soulful house, classic hip-hop and whatever other records I find lying around ...

Facebook

Listen to the recorded shows here: https://soundcloud.com/londonswagger
Old 23-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShoreditch CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShoreditch CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShoreditch CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShoreditch CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShoreditch CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShoreditch CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShoreditch CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShoreditch CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShoreditch CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShoreditch CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Maybe that is the attraction to Jordan that is lost on me
Old 23-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Otaku

lanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
The Sunday Mirror and People have not filled the gap left by the NOTW. Not on celeb news or genuine investigative journalism.
The sales figure increases for the Sun Mirror & the People say otherwise - although of course I agree that they'll now have a new option to tempt them back into the arms of NI.