Home | Forums | Gallery | Predictions | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Away Fans End

Notices

Away Fans End The away fans end

Old 23-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Myopic odd ball

old git : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold git : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold git : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold git : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold git : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold git : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold git : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold git : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold git : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold git : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold git : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull08
Massive spend on merchandise, food and drink. Extra money for playing budget then. Difficult to quantify but I imagine that will lead to extra points over time.
Because the ground is built in no mans land with **** all to do but drink at the stadium.It is just like Coventry and eventually fans will get bored with it .Much as I like watching football at Selhurst, that is all I want to do there,a pub is the place for drinking.
Old 23-04-2012, 06:13 PM

jobiinthelastmi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejobiinthelastmi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejobiinthelastmi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejobiinthelastmi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejobiinthelastmi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejobiinthelastmi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejobiinthelastmi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejobiinthelastmi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejobiinthelastmi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejobiinthelastmi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejobiinthelastmi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEater
110 million and only 9 points better off with no cup run this season

Like you said there are teachers and there are pupils
Old 24-04-2012, 06:56 AM
UBER mensch vom Suden

Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobiinthelastmi
110 million and only 9 points better off with no cup run this season

Like you said there are teachers and there are pupils
Ermmm.....apart from the cup run where we saw of Sunderland and Newcastle, and sent them home with their tails between their legs.
Finally it took a top Premier club with an England captain at the helm to beat us.
Cardiff?
CARDIFF??
Old 24-04-2012, 07:01 AM

Maiden Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaiden Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaiden Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaiden Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaiden Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaiden Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaiden Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaiden Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaiden Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaiden Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaiden Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitler
Ermmm.....apart from the cup run where we saw of Sunderland and Newcastle, and sent them home with their tails between their legs.
Finally it took a top Premier club with an England captain at the helm to beat us.
Cardiff?
CARDIFF??
Yep, well done for losing to Liverpool reserves twice (and they can hardly be described as a top Prem'ship Club ATM), with one of those being an absolute thrashing.
And well done for your brave penalties reply win over a non league team.
Wrexham ?
WREXHAM ??
Old 24-04-2012, 01:21 PM

Easy 10 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenEasy 10 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenEasy 10 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenEasy 10 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenEasy 10 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenEasy 10 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenEasy 10 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenEasy 10 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenEasy 10 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenEasy 10 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenEasy 10 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by old git
Because the ground is built in no mans land with **** all to do but drink at the stadium.It is just like Coventry and eventually fans will get bored with it .Much as I like watching football at Selhurst, that is all I want to do there,a pub is the place for drinking.
I don't blame you for only wanting to go to Selhurst for the football. The place is a decrepit, despressing dive. But dear oh dear, as per usual, you could not be more WRONG if you tried.

Saturdays, I usually get to the Amex at about 1pm, and even thats still too late to get a seat at the supporters bar (Dicks Bar, hur-dee-hur). Half an hour later its PACKED in there, as are the concourses, full of fans drinking and pieing it up for a good 2 hours before kickoff. From the bar, you just see a constant stream of fans getting off the trains, heading for the Amex, ready to empty their pockets for an hour or two before kickoff.

Afterwards, thouasands remain behind for a few bevvies on the concourses, or make their way to Dicks for a post-match drink or 3, and often stay for the live band when theres one playing. This all helps with the transport getting away after the game.

Nobody is showing any signs of boredom, OG. Once we can accomodate the fans on the waiting list through this summers expansion, there's only going to be more fans taking advantage of the fantastic facilities at the Amex pre and post match.

I can hardly tear myself away from the place. I'm normally there from 1 till 5.30 on a matchday, and that ain't changing any time soon. Roll on August.
Old 24-04-2012, 01:44 PM

CPFC Since 68 ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerCPFC Since 68 ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerCPFC Since 68 ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerCPFC Since 68 ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerCPFC Since 68 ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerCPFC Since 68 ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerCPFC Since 68 ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerCPFC Since 68 ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerCPFC Since 68 ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerCPFC Since 68 ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerCPFC Since 68 ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chrysler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 10
I don't blame you for only wanting to go to Selhurst for the football. The place is a decrepit, despressing dive. But dear oh dear, as per usual, you could not be more WRONG if you tried.

Saturdays, I usually get to the Amex at about 1pm, and even thats still too late to get a seat at the supporters bar (Dicks Bar, hur-dee-hur). Half an hour later its PACKED in there, as are the concourses, full of fans drinking and pieing it up for a good 2 hours before kickoff. From the bar, you just see a constant stream of fans getting off the trains, heading for the Amex, ready to empty their pockets for an hour or two before kickoff.

Afterwards, thouasands remain behind for a few bevvies on the concourses, or make their way to Dicks for a post-match drink or 3, and often stay for the live band when theres one playing. This all helps with the transport getting away after the game.

Nobody is showing any signs of boredom, OG. Once we can accomodate the fans on the waiting list through this summers expansion, there's only going to be more fans taking advantage of the fantastic facilities at the Amex pre and post match.

I can hardly tear myself away from the place. I'm normally there from 1 till 5.30 on a matchday, and that ain't changing any time soon. Roll on August.
Spose it's what you prefer really , I personally don't like these modern corporate style bars .I Prefer the traditional Youngs pub which I go to pre match,but everyone's different .
Old 24-04-2012, 01:57 PM

Fur cough : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFur cough : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFur cough : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFur cough : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFur cough : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFur cough : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFur cough : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFur cough : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFur cough : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFur cough : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFur cough : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC Since 68
Spose it's what you prefer really , I personally don't like these modern corporate style bars .I Prefer the traditional Youngs pub which I go to pre match,but everyone's different .
Until this season I was thinking just like you, the whole concept of a supporters bars and the concrete concourses were so alien to me and my idea of watching football I wasn't sure it would appeal to me.

It took one game, just one game to change my mind.

So let your voices ring, my boys,
And take the time from me,
And Iíll sing you a song as we march along,
Of Sussex by the Sea!
Old 24-04-2012, 02:15 PM

CPFC Since 68 ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerCPFC Since 68 ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerCPFC Since 68 ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerCPFC Since 68 ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerCPFC Since 68 ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerCPFC Since 68 ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerCPFC Since 68 ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerCPFC Since 68 ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerCPFC Since 68 ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerCPFC Since 68 ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerCPFC Since 68 ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chrysler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fur cough
Until this season I was thinking just like you, the whole concept of a supporters bars and the concrete concourses were so alien to me and my idea of watching football I wasn't sure it would appeal to me.

It took one game, just one game to change my mind.

Sorry it's not for me , I'm too old to change my routine and anyway, it's 'The Dog And Bull ' for a few then onto the Clifton for another few ,then one or two in the ground,and before you know it it's half time .Then back down for another Palace Ale, Or if the queues too big a hand down the sock to retrieve my hip flask Then after the match its on the train back to sunny Hove to go on the BBS To find out if the match was any good or not.

Last edited by CPFC Since 68; 24-04-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 24-04-2012, 02:24 PM

Maiden Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaiden Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaiden Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaiden Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaiden Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaiden Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaiden Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaiden Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaiden Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaiden Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaiden Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Sorry it's not for me , I'm too old to change my routine and anyway, it's 'The Dog And Bull ' for a few then onto the Clifton for another few ,then one or two in the ground,and before you know it it's half time .Then back down for another Palace Ale, Or if the queues too big a hand down the sock to retrieve my hip flask Then after the match its on the train back to sunny Hove to go on the BBS To find out if the match was any good or not.
Same here for me - Except I'm just happy to walk straight into the Cherry Tree, just after I walk out of Norwood Junction station.
I suppose I may give the other option a try, if we ever move to Crystal Palace Park........if that ever happens?
Old 24-04-2012, 02:26 PM

Easy 10 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenEasy 10 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenEasy 10 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenEasy 10 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenEasy 10 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenEasy 10 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenEasy 10 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenEasy 10 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenEasy 10 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenEasy 10 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenEasy 10 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Quote:
Being honest, I prefer a more traditional style pub myself. I was hoping the supporters bar at the Amex would be kind of like one of those pubs you get in airports. Big windows on one side, all within a vast, modern setting, but with an oak-style bar and pillars and loads of tables and chairs.

Dicks Bar is ok, but it is a bit modern and functional. The beers good though, and its still tremendous to meet up with your mates at the stadium and go for a few jars, all within 100 yards of your seat in the stand. And with the lunchtime game on Sky on in the background. I just like to get there asap so the travelling to the ground is out of the way and I can begin enjoying my "matchday experience".
Old 24-04-2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 10
Being honest, I prefer a more traditional style pub myself. I was hoping the supporters bar at the Amex would be kind of like one of those pubs you get in airports. Big windows on one side, all within a vast, modern setting, but with an oak-style bar and pillars and loads of tables and chairs.

Dicks Bar is ok, but it is a bit modern and functional. The beers good though, and its still tremendous to meet up with your mates at the stadium and go for a few jars, all within 100 yards of your seat in the stand. And with the lunchtime game on Sky on in the background. I just like to get there asap so the travelling to the ground is out of the way and I can begin enjoying my "matchday experience".
Yes I do take your point on that being there are not many pubs in the vicinity of the amex .
Old 24-04-2012, 02:37 PM

Fur cough : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFur cough : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFur cough : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFur cough : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFur cough : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFur cough : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFur cough : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFur cough : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFur cough : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFur cough : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFur cough : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Yes I do take your point on that being there are not many pubs in the vicinity of the amex .
Well, we didn't exactly get much choice in that did we? 11 bloody years it took just to be granted permission for there, every other proposed site was rejected, including what would have been my choice which was adjacent to Brighton Station, well in reach of all the local boozers.

But I really don't care about that now, because there's nowhere within easy reach all the money spent goes back into the club.

Of Sussex by the Sea!
Old 24-04-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Well, there's the Hikers Rest, about 20 minutes walk away. Decent-ish home pub but a bit spit & sawdust for my liking.

Or there's The Swan, just the other side of the A27 about 10-15 mins walk away. I've been there on a non matchday a couple of times and felt it was a bit old fogey, although its probably much livelier matchdays.

On balance, I find its just easier to hop off the train and walk a few hundred metres into Dicks Bar to commence beerage proceedings.
Old 24-04-2012, 02:55 PM
THE GAYLATICOS

Richard Russell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichard Russell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichard Russell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichard Russell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichard Russell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichard Russell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichard Russell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichard Russell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichard Russell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichard Russell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichard Russell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
A pub is only as good as its clientele. For me going to Dicks for a prematch pint or two (or three) and a chat to my mates about the football is about as good as it gets. I've loved every minute of being at the new stadium, and I don't think its a feeling that will wear off for quite a while yet. Its brill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gathers54

They won't get near the playoffs next season.
Old 24-04-2012, 03:29 PM

Squeez is going overboard, with a capital OSqueez is going overboard, with a capital OSqueez is going overboard, with a capital OSqueez is going overboard, with a capital OSqueez is going overboard, with a capital OSqueez is going overboard, with a capital OSqueez is going overboard, with a capital OSqueez is going overboard, with a capital OSqueez is going overboard, with a capital OSqueez is going overboard, with a capital OSqueez is going overboard, with a capital O
Dicks Bar says it all really. You just couldn't make it up ha ha ha
Old 24-04-2012, 03:32 PM

I wholly agree with Richard R.

And 'Dicks Bar' is of course in honour of our legendary Life President, Dick Knight.

But then I'm sure you knew that already.
Old 24-04-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeez
Dicks Bar says it all really. You just couldn't make it up ha ha ha
Oh god no, did we really call it Dicks bar, like Dicks as in willy and we support Brighton, why didn't anyone notice before, Oh the shame. Well done you.

Of Sussex by the Sea!
Old 27-04-2012, 08:06 PM

humbug has to read the song lyrics on the big screenhumbug has to read the song lyrics on the big screenhumbug has to read the song lyrics on the big screenhumbug has to read the song lyrics on the big screenhumbug has to read the song lyrics on the big screenhumbug has to read the song lyrics on the big screenhumbug has to read the song lyrics on the big screenhumbug has to read the song lyrics on the big screenhumbug has to read the song lyrics on the big screenhumbug has to read the song lyrics on the big screenhumbug has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
We had no chance of reaching the play - offs with Gus's team selection. Gus will do the same next season. He reminds me of Rafa and that ex Chelsea Italian manger.Tinker man. Always worry about the opposition and never about let them worry about us.