Home | Forums | Gallery | Predictions | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES

Notices

Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES Away day travel and ticket/fixture details.

Old 09-05-2012, 01:02 PM

CPFC Since 68 ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerCPFC Since 68 ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerCPFC Since 68 ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerCPFC Since 68 ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerCPFC Since 68 ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerCPFC Since 68 ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerCPFC Since 68 ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerCPFC Since 68 ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerCPFC Since 68 ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerCPFC Since 68 ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerCPFC Since 68 ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chrysler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambo

I used to buy up front, this season I have been forced to use the instalment plan (which I think should serve a large percentage of people who can't pay up front) but 12 months interest free DD is massively appealing to a large number of people. I think we'd see a signficant effect if that was introduced.
I have been pushing this idea for a while now. It is the only way forward in today's economic climate, As I have said before gyms, golf clubs etc have been doing it for years. How many people would subscribe to sky for instance if only a one off payment for the year was in place. Other clubs have tried it with great success,so hope it's available for next season.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:51 PM
South London & Proud

Nelson Muntz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNelson Muntz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNelson Muntz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNelson Muntz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNelson Muntz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNelson Muntz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNelson Muntz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNelson Muntz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNelson Muntz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNelson Muntz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNelson Muntz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking2curl1
If Charlton and Brighton are getting near 20k then we bloody well can too. I would also be tempted to have a ticket seller and a couple of cheerleaders wandering round Croydon town centre on a Saturday morning to drag in some more. People like football, and going to Palace is ******* brilliant- there are just a lot of people that havent found that out yet.
Brighton and particularly Charlton dont take their support from within 1.5 miles of the ground.
Charlton have built a fanbase from fans further away rather than on their doorstep.

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:17 PM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettasty_snacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettasty_snacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettasty_snacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettasty_snacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettasty_snacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettasty_snacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettasty_snacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettasty_snacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettasty_snacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettasty_snacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The concept of reduced ticket prices for those closer to the ground is one I've wrestled with for a long time. As a ST holder circa 4 miles away I would not object, but I would fully understand those who would.

Where would you set this radius; and what would you do if someone 2 doors along wanted to get involved but couldn't? And what if Mr Smith, recently unemployed, who has been buying a ST for 30 years is 500 yards outside the radius and blows a fuse at the unfairness of it all.

But I think the core reason why I would ultimately be against the idea is that it is a de facto, and completely arbitrary, definition of what the Palace community is or should be. We come from all corners and all counties; our community is not as geographically black and white as 'x' miles surrounding Selhurst Park. SP has never represented a focal point of the Palace community to me (in fact this is why I believe numbers are so transient) because it's stranded in London surburbia. This is why Croydon has in many ways become the town centre focus of our club, how ever far removed from our South London roots.

I feel affinity and belonging to South London, to where I live in South London and to Crystal Palace FC, i.e. I can live miles away from the ground and still feel a belonging to all three simultaneously. We are the Pride of South London precisely because we can be South Londoners, wherever that may be, and still be Palace fans in a 'Palace area.' This is why targeting an area immediately surrounding SP completely misses the point.
And stay up drinking on the roof, until it's late.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:46 PM

herts_palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineherts_palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineherts_palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineherts_palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineherts_palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineherts_palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineherts_palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineherts_palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineherts_palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineherts_palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineherts_palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasty_snacks
The concept of reduced ticket prices for those closer to the ground is one I've wrestled with for a long time. As a ST holder circa 4 miles away I would not object, but I would fully understand those who would.

Where would you set this radius; and what would you do if someone 2 doors along wanted to get involved but couldn't? And what if Mr Smith, recently unemployed, who has been buying a ST for 30 years is 500 yards outside the radius and blows a fuse at the unfairness of it all.
You are right TS it can be a bit arbitrary and as with free Junior season tickets there will be some losers[or more accurately supporters who cannot benefit], but you do have to draw the line somewhere.

As for the location it doesn't make sense offering reduced priced tickets to residents of Darlington does it?

As many have stated there are a number of expenses associated with watching Palace. Besides the ticket these include Drink, food and travel.
Those close to the ground will have small or no travel costs so if they can be enticed it will make more economic sense to them than someone living in Darlington, North Kent or even Bromley.
Just because you don't come from SE25 it doesn't make you less of a supporter, it's not even saying that our core support should come from this area. What we are trying to do is to increase the number of season ticket holders and casual fans(that will eventually become season ticket holders hopefully) without diluting the existing offer too much and upsetting those already paid up.

We need to be dealing in practicalities here and the most obvious people to target are those that are close to the ground.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:45 PM

Navigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty air
I don't think it makes any economic sense to come up with a scheme for cheap tickets based on distance to the ground or post code.

The club should concentrate efforts on distributing tickets via local schools and building a long term relationship with those schools.

London has a large transitory population, but parents with kids in school are much more likely to remain in the area for a few years and therefore develop an affinity with club and potentially become longer term supporters.

A large proportion of local parents may have moved from other parts of the country or originate from other countries and have no historic connection with Palace. Getting the kids hooked via the schools and dragging their parents along is the way to go.

The other area the club could tap into is junior football which has become more organised and has huge numbers of kids, mad keen on football, playing in leagues like Tandridge and Selkent. Concentrate on clubs in the right locations, and probably those aged under 11 and get them watching Palace before they have caught the Chelsea or Arsenal disease for good.

Building long term relationships with schools and clubs, including the odd visit from players will produce a far better return than randomly distributing tickets around Selhurst Park.

A monthly direct debit would be fantastic and should see a fall in the churn rate of season ticket holders.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:50 PM

ob13 FFS Murrayob13 FFS Murrayob13 FFS Murrayob13 FFS Murrayob13 FFS Murrayob13 FFS Murrayob13 FFS Murrayob13 FFS Murrayob13 FFS Murrayob13 FFS Murrayob13 FFS Murray
i have to say i would be really pissed off if tickets were regularly cheaper for people nearer the ground(wouldnt bother me if an occasional offer with tokens in a local paper to tempt potential new fans though.) i support palace because i was born in bromley and lived in beckenham for 1st 10 years of my life but only started coming to games regularly once i was 13 and living in dorset,spending nearly all my paper round earnings to go about once a month.have had a season ticket for 3 years in the past but its not something i can stretch to now.often away games are easier for me but since 2010s take over i have made a commitment in my own mind to get to 9 or 10 home games a season instead of away so that MY club get the money,and would feel liked i had been kicked in the bollocks if it was decided people who could get out of bed at 2pm and roll a few hundred yards deserve a cheaper ticket for their efforts!would it stop me coming?? probably most of the time not but on those occasions when something else has stretched my finances for that particular month it would be easier to say "**** it,cant afford it"
Old 09-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I don't really think the majority of people who live within .5 miles of Selhurst Park are particularly interested in Palace, or football in general.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:10 PM
45 seasons and counting

Penstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'd support cheaper tickets for those close to the ground but only if my 20 travel costs from the South Coast are subsidised, otherwise no way.

BHAFC 2011/12 FAILED - 2012/13 FAILED - 2013/14 FAILED
- 2014/15 FINNISHed in failure before it's started
Old 09-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle
I'd support cheaper tickets for those close to the ground but only if my 20 travel costs from the South Coast are subsidised, otherwise no way.
do you want CPFC2010 to wipe your bum after poopy time too?
Old 09-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara4003
I don't really think the majority of people who live within .5 miles of Selhurst Park are particularly interested in Palace, or football in general.
whatever
Old 09-05-2012, 04:25 PM

Wycombe Eagle#2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWycombe Eagle#2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWycombe Eagle#2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWycombe Eagle#2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWycombe Eagle#2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWycombe Eagle#2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWycombe Eagle#2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWycombe Eagle#2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWycombe Eagle#2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWycombe Eagle#2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWycombe Eagle#2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
No issues with the current ticket pricing at all, and believe their very competitive. Unfortunately SJ drove alot of the casual supporters away with some ridiculously price ticketing structure, and unfortunately unbelievably ridiculous pricing for kids

These were the future and as a club we didn't get hold of em due to such shortsightedness, and it's going to take time to get them back, maybe only success will bring them back? who knows.

I remember a few years ago when we played Coventry at home in the school holidays, i wanted to take my 5 year old at the time and i was going to be charged 25 for me, which wasn't an issue, but they wanted to charge me 15 for a 5 year old on a midweek game against Coventry, absolute Joke!

People will come back, were a decent size club It just needs advertising to get those lost one's back, which looks like it's being done, and a bit of success
Old 09-05-2012, 04:37 PM
He's got flair and hair

Palace Bear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Bear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Bear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Bear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Bear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Bear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Bear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Bear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Bear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Bear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Bear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Maybe another option would to do some sort of local scheme whereby we sell tickets to locals at full price, but in return a % is put back into local community projects etc...

E.G: If we sold 500 tickets to local residents for match X we'd paint the local youth club or similar, or if we sold 750 tickets for match X we'd put new swings and a climbing frame in a local park or we'd fund a day out for the local nursing home.
At least that way the cost would not be less thus p*ssing of people who live further away, but people locally would feel like the club really is part of their community and a would want to be involved in that....

Could be run as an on going thing over several games with a few enthusiastic locals campaigning to get others inolved... e.g: The enthusiatic few (from local schools/community groups etc) go door knocking and tell people they're only 250 tickets short of getting a new playground built in local park, would you like to buy a couple for match X to help fund the project. Locals get tickets, come and watch palace, palace get bigger crowds more money and more income from food etc, locals see palace working in their community feel more part of it and so on and so forth the bond grows... without charging locals less than loyal fans travelling longer distances.

I see it as being a bit like the Supermarket vouchers for sports equiptment for kids groups (get vouchers everytime time you shop, the more you buy the more vouchers you get) only with football tickets and community projects not groceries and sports equiptment.

Maybe I'm just living in cloud-cuckoo-eutopia-land!

Last edited by Palace Bear; 09-05-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:22 PM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettasty_snacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettasty_snacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettasty_snacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettasty_snacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettasty_snacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettasty_snacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettasty_snacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettasty_snacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettasty_snacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettasty_snacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Many good ideas there Palace Bear. That's how you forge a community of long-term interested parties.

I'm sure the volunteer army could have something to do with this.

Also, would not donations to local community outfits be tax deductable anyway?
And stay up drinking on the roof, until it's late.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Jungle is indeed "massiv"

kettle put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallkettle put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallkettle put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallkettle put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallkettle put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallkettle put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallkettle put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallkettle put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallkettle put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallkettle put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallkettle put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
just got an email from CPFC extending the installments from 5 payments to 7.

I had already renewed, but what club has owners like we do? None. Lets get season tickets guys. Jonny Williams has signed a new 5 year deal - how much better can this day get?!
Old 09-05-2012, 06:10 PM
loving palace since 1987

jabbski put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalljabbski put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalljabbski put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalljabbski put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalljabbski put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalljabbski put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalljabbski put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalljabbski put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalljabbski put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalljabbski put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalljabbski put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
This might sound stupid but I think they should really focus on building the atmosphere up at Selhurst Park, and that might keep people coming. I think since the away fans have been moved further away, and with the HF unfortunately only under the terrible Holmesdale roof where you really can't hear them well from any other part of the ground, there isn't really as much tension or drama anymore (not in a violent way, but in a passionate getting behind the team way), and I think whats going on around you is all part of the experience.

I think they could also do with making the stand opposite where the TV cameras are (the Main Stand) one of our busiest and most popular stands, whether by making it more affordable, or rebuilding it (which should be done anyway) so more people would sit there. Seeing a busy stadium on when on TV I think would definitely make it more appealing for others to go. I can't help but feel sometimes watching on games from Selhurst Park on TV doesn't justify the atmosphere thats there. Unfortunately the most active areas of the ground like Block B are not even to be seen on TV being tucked in the corner.

For a final stupid suggestion, I think they should ditch boring, tired commercial music before the game and bring on some upbeat progressive music or something. That should help build up the tension and atmosphere (even more so if your having the drink).

Last edited by jabbski; 09-05-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:21 PM

libran is happy as a lark and everything is finelibran is happy as a lark and everything is finelibran is happy as a lark and everything is finelibran is happy as a lark and everything is finelibran is happy as a lark and everything is finelibran is happy as a lark and everything is finelibran is happy as a lark and everything is finelibran is happy as a lark and everything is finelibran is happy as a lark and everything is finelibran is happy as a lark and everything is finelibran is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbski
This might sound stupid but I think they should really focus on building the atmosphere up at Selhurst Park, and that might keep people coming. I think since the away fans have been moved further away, and with the HF unfortunately only under the terrible Holmesdale roof where you really can't hear them well from any other part of the ground, there isn't really as much tension or drama anymore (not in a violent way, but in a passionate getting behind the team way), and I think whats going on around you is all part of the experience.

I think they could also do with making the stand opposite where the TV cameras are (the Main Stand) one of our busiest and most popular stands, whether by making it more affordable, or rebuilding it (which should be done anyway) so more people would sit there. Seeing a busy stadium on when on TV I think would definitely make it more appealing for others to go. I can't help but feel sometimes watching on games from Selhurst Park on TV doesn't justify the atmosphere thats there. Unfortunately the most active areas of the ground like Block B are not even to be seen on TV being tucked in the corner.

For a final stupid suggestion, I think they should ditch boring, tired commercial music before the game and bring on some upbeat progressive music or something. That should help build up the tension and atmosphere (even more so if your having the drink).
agree with a lot of that but if only 10% of the people who 'support' the HF through posts like this and 'want a better atmosphere' moved to Block B and backed their chanting it would make a massive difference.

Not a clue where you sit so not having a pop as you've got some good ideas here but is annoying to read this sort of post about atmosphere when often the people who write them are sitting in another stand in silence. Holmesdale is not the best for acoustics but some of the best atmospheres in the world are in stadiums with no roofs.

Move your ticket into block B and get your mates involved, it won't solve all the problems but it's a start.

Last edited by libran; 09-05-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Muntz
Brighton and particularly Charlton dont take their support from within 1.5 miles of the ground.
Charlton have built a fanbase from fans further away rather than on their doorstep.
Although Brighton and Charlton's 'local' area is fairly built up, I feel that writing off the locality due to the density of SE25 and its environs would be a shame.

As well as connecting with the schools, I've said before that forging links with the local businesses could be a good way to go. For games where it's available, maybe a box for leading local business owners, who in return might publicise our games to their patrons and community contacts. Perhaps tie it in with food/catering at games.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:48 PM
45 seasons and counting

Penstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
do you want CPFC2010 to wipe your bum after poopy time too?

No thanks, there's only one infant on here by the looks of things

BHAFC 2011/12 FAILED - 2012/13 FAILED - 2013/14 FAILED
- 2014/15 FINNISHed in failure before it's started
Old 09-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgold76 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgold76 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgold76 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgold76 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgold76 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgold76 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgold76 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgold76 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgold76 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgold76 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As a one-off to get them hooked, a cheap deal to local ressies would be a good idea.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Sir Steve Parish

Billy Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace Bear
Maybe I'm just living in cloud-cuckoo-eutopia-land!
^^^ Yep. Made me laugh though. If you really think the local people give a shit about their local community then I'm afraid you've been mislead. Good ideas in theory though.