Home | Forums | Gallery | Predictions | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 26-03-2013, 03:46 PM

oddrod is south London and proudoddrod is south London and proudoddrod is south London and proudoddrod is south London and proudoddrod is south London and proudoddrod is south London and proudoddrod is south London and proudoddrod is south London and proudoddrod is south London and proudoddrod is south London and proudoddrod is south London and proud
Parking for Gatwick at Horley

Remember some time ago someone said that it is easy to park in the streets near Horley Station and jump on the train to Gatwick. Are there always places to park? Anyone help as I am trying to get out of paying the silly money at the airport itself.

Thanks in advance
Old 26-03-2013, 04:40 PM

stange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
People do this outside my house all the time. It winds me up.
Old 26-03-2013, 04:47 PM
Who give you extra?

thehalifaxman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehalifaxman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehalifaxman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehalifaxman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehalifaxman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehalifaxman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehalifaxman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehalifaxman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehalifaxman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehalifaxman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehalifaxman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by stange555
Get a load of mates Bounce their cars down the road. Nout they can do if their on holibobs for 2 weeks
Old 26-03-2013, 04:59 PM
XXVII

little al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Would have been more helpful if you posted your address for the OP.

ACAE
Old 26-03-2013, 07:37 PM

stange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It gets quite obvious sometimes, they park up, out come the suitcases, a furtive look around, and they're off. Someone (not me) wrote "twat" all over one of them in chalk.
Old 26-03-2013, 09:11 PM
Alcopop girl from da hood

Seagull Eater is a gunboat in a sea of fearSeagull Eater is a gunboat in a sea of fearSeagull Eater is a gunboat in a sea of fearSeagull Eater is a gunboat in a sea of fearSeagull Eater is a gunboat in a sea of fearSeagull Eater is a gunboat in a sea of fearSeagull Eater is a gunboat in a sea of fearSeagull Eater is a gunboat in a sea of fearSeagull Eater is a gunboat in a sea of fearSeagull Eater is a gunboat in a sea of fearSeagull Eater is a gunboat in a sea of fear
Old 26-03-2013, 09:13 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstinky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstinky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstinky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstinky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstinky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstinky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstinky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstinky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstinky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstinky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Cover the cars in post its.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

www.thecronx.com

Twitter: @TheCronxBrewery
Old 27-03-2013, 04:42 AM
XXVII

little al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
It gets quite obvious sometimes, they park up, out come the suitcases, a furtive look around, and they're off. Someone (not me) wrote "twat" all over one of them in chalk.
To be fair, if their cars are on the road legally, they are entitiled to park where they want within the law. If you complain, you are likely to end up with a resident only parking area, which will cost you, and be a pain for any guests you have.

ACAE
Old 27-03-2013, 04:55 AM
Divorced. Kids in Sweden.

Golf Boy is just too good for youGolf Boy is just too good for youGolf Boy is just too good for youGolf Boy is just too good for youGolf Boy is just too good for youGolf Boy is just too good for youGolf Boy is just too good for youGolf Boy is just too good for youGolf Boy is just too good for youGolf Boy is just too good for youGolf Boy is just too good for you
Surely only people in the the london area would know about this, in which case anywhere in the area to Gatwick must be very easy by train? Why drive part of the way?
Old 27-03-2013, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little al
To be fair, if their cars are on the road legally, they are entitiled to park where they want within the law. If you complain, you are likely to end up with a resident only parking area, which will cost you, and be a pain for any guests you have.
I know, the problem is is that I live in quite a small close and there isn't much parking in the first place. Add in the holiday makers and the airline employees and it all disappears!
Old 27-03-2013, 06:30 AM
Pro "Gay Snakes"

Dorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I do this. Victoria Road is fine. About a 10 minute walk. Never a problem finding space to park. Just don't park under a tree for 2 weeks or your car will be covered in leaves and sticky sap
Those That Don't Understand Don't Matter

Last edited by Dorking .Eagle; 27-03-2013 at 06:37 AM.
Old 27-03-2013, 03:46 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredandblue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredandblue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredandblue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredandblue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredandblue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredandblue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredandblue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredandblue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredandblue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredandblue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think that I paid about 80 for two weeks met and greet parking at Gatlwick I turned up someone met me at the drop off pony right next to the terminal we went straight off and the I called them when we had picked p our luggage and they were waiting we we came out of the terminal. No messing around wit trains and luggage or time tables no worry about anything happening to my car money well spent. I would not feel happy leaving my car on a strangers road I have done that for commuting and had my car keyed more than once, whilst legal I can see why people get pissed off with this and I would worry that I had pissed someone off they know that you are away and you car is an easy target
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 27-03-2013, 04:27 PM

Seagull Eater is a gunboat in a sea of fearSeagull Eater is a gunboat in a sea of fearSeagull Eater is a gunboat in a sea of fearSeagull Eater is a gunboat in a sea of fearSeagull Eater is a gunboat in a sea of fearSeagull Eater is a gunboat in a sea of fearSeagull Eater is a gunboat in a sea of fearSeagull Eater is a gunboat in a sea of fearSeagull Eater is a gunboat in a sea of fearSeagull Eater is a gunboat in a sea of fearSeagull Eater is a gunboat in a sea of fear
is Horley twinned with a village near Heathrow ?
Old 27-03-2013, 04:37 PM

Owngoal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOwngoal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOwngoal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOwngoal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOwngoal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOwngoal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOwngoal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOwngoal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOwngoal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOwngoal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOwngoal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue
I think that I paid about 80 for two weeks met and greet parking at Gatlwick I turned up someone met me at the drop off pony right next to the terminal we went straight off and the I called them when we had picked p our luggage and they were waiting we we came out of the terminal. No messing around wit trains and luggage or time tables no worry about anything happening to my car money well spent. I would not feel happy leaving my car on a strangers road I have done that for commuting and had my car keyed more than once, whilst legal I can see why people get pissed off with this and I would worry that I had pissed someone off they know that you are away and you car is an easy target
Wonder if they park your car in Horley for you? Several TV programmes put me off the meet and greet for that very reason.
Old 27-03-2013, 04:42 PM
XXVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue
Hope you checked your mileage. There was something on the TV a while back, where instead of the secure parking promised, the workers were driving cars around, and parking them on residential streets.

ACAE
Old 27-03-2013, 05:04 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredandblue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredandblue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredandblue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredandblue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredandblue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredandblue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredandblue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredandblue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredandblue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredandblue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Hope you checked your mileage. There was something on the TV a while back, where instead of the secure parking promised, the workers were driving cars around, and parking them on residential streets.
I was very happy mileage was 21 miles which was what they told it would be, meeter was smart and uniformed gave me the dates and times that my car was moved from their short tem car park to the long term one very pleased would use again.
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 28-03-2013, 12:42 AM

i am sure Ryanair land some of their planes in Horley, just to save money.
Old 28-03-2013, 06:55 AM
Pro "Gay Snakes"

Dorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
It does still happen! The Council I work at borders with Gatwick. We often get people appealing against parking tickets who had paid for valet parking, but instead of the secure storage, the companies just park the cars in residential roads, often on corners or blocking drives etc. You'd think if they were going to do that they'd at least park them sensibly!
Those That Don't Understand Don't Matter
Old 28-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Too Narrow

Maz has disabled reputation
Have just parked at T5 and used the Heathrow Pod.

Most amusing. But concierge ain't that much more.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 28-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Too Narrow

Maz has disabled reputation

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ