Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 29-01-2014, 02:39 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Smoz I didn't know about the block but 5 out of 9 Southern Platforms out of use... OUCH!
Old 29-01-2014, 02:54 PM
Mid Life Crisis Alert

T at the Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineT at the Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineT at the Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineT at the Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineT at the Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineT at the Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineT at the Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineT at the Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineT at the Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineT at the Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineT at the Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins View Post
In the States, when my 21 hour train journey was 1 hour late (so, 4.75% of the journey time late), I got $35 of my $60 back from the company.

Here, my train can be 29 minutes late (so, 83% of the journey time late) and I get zero compensation
See that's the bit that's always annoyed me, If a train is due in at 8am and it arrives at 8:01 or 8:15 or 8:30 its late. It's either on time or it's late.

And don't get me started on how many late trains they are allowed to take out of the statistics to make the figures look better.
Old 29-01-2014, 02:56 PM
South London and proud

croydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychokiller View Post
And guess what? All those positives listed are also available on the East Coast Main Line. Which is nationalised.
Not for much longer !
Old 29-01-2014, 02:57 PM
Lest we forget

Gark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_gilberts_hammer View Post
Must be local surburban routes into London Bridge & Victoria that are the problem. I commute every day from deepest Sussex into London Bridge for the past 30 years and the service now is far and away better than it has ever been. Trains are clean, bright, air conditioned in the summer, warm in the winter...
Yes, I believe that you are right. They are desperate to improve performance and since a train is not 'on time' until it is 10 mins late, they make sure that the longer distance trains get priority.

I can monitor the internet to make sure my train is on time but when it gets to Purley it invariably sits and waits for a train from Horsham, Reigate or some other god-forsaken place that has to be let through, even though it is running 5 mins late. They know that it will only get later sitting outside East Croydon and its London Terminus and that they can manage it better by running both trains with a few minutes delay in the hope that neither gets declared 'late'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
I would hazard a guess that the train was "delayed" as it would be late, and the fact it is "cancelled" is probably because they decide to run it fast, thus not stopping at Wallington? Last night going to the game the service was an all stops to Victoria which was altered to stop at West Croydon, Selhurst, Clapham and Victoria only.
Is this a change in Southern's policy? This happened to one of my trains a few days ago. The train having sat at Purley for 10 mins, waiting for another, my phone told me it was cancelled at Purley Oaks and South Croydon while it was still due on the platform. 30 secs after the platform display updated it whistled through the station, next stop East Croydon.

I can only hope that Boris has his way and takes over all surburban routes. The overground runs so much better and the crappy 377s from the 1980s might disappear (although they must be up for replacement soon).
Old 29-01-2014, 03:01 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
The 377s won't go... You say that about Overground but a lot of the time we get stuck behind late running Overground trains between Norwood and London Bridge. And apparently Overground drivers have more operating incidents than any other TOC despite the fact the drive very few routes, and only drive 4 car trains.
Old 29-01-2014, 03:02 PM

richdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Those shiny new trains have fewer seats - that's confirmed by Southern on their twitter account.
Those new trains are abysmal - literally every other carriage is first class too so you have these completely empty carriages whilst 30-40 people are trying to cram into the standing area by the door. It's worse than the tube.
Old 29-01-2014, 03:03 PM
I belong to Yo.

squelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What I find funny, is that in my case, they always seem to blame signal failures.

We pay such a high price for trains that you'd expect them to spend money on sorting these "faulty signals" out.
Old 29-01-2014, 03:06 PM
Lest we forget

Gark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
The 377s won't go... You say that about Overground but a lot of the time we get stuck behind late running Overground trains between Norwood and London Bridge. And apparently Overground drivers have more operating incidents than any other TOC despite the fact the drive very few routes, and only drive 4 car trains.
They also have much higher rates of customer satisfaction.
Old 29-01-2014, 03:09 PM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by richdeniro View Post
Those new trains are abysmal - literally every other carriage is first class too so you have these completely empty carriages whilst 30-40 people are trying to cram into the standing area by the door. It's worse than the tube.
'Eh?

On south London metro routes 1st class is declassifed, sit where you want innit.
Old 29-01-2014, 03:09 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Smoz I didn't know about the block but 5 out of 9 Southern Platforms out of use... OUCH!
Four out of eight, platform 16 won't be coming back. Though I believe the non existent platform seven may pop up on the South Eastern side.

Last edited by Smoz; 29-01-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Old 29-01-2014, 03:12 PM

richdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
'Eh?

On south London metro routes 1st class is declassifed, sit where you want innit.
Really? How come there is always an announcement not to sit in first class if you don't have a valid ticket?
Old 29-01-2014, 03:14 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
'Eh?

Usually it's only as far as East Croydon. Once it's past Croydon 1st class becomes a problem again.

If we can winter this one out, we can summer anywhere
Old 29-01-2014, 03:16 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squelchy18 View Post
What I find funny, is that in my case, they always seem to blame signal failures.

We pay such a high price for trains that you'd expect them to spend money on sorting these "faulty signals" out.
You mean the signals owned, run and maintained by Network Rail and have nothing to do with Southern?
Old 29-01-2014, 03:16 PM

Payney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
Since the turn of the year, I can count how many times my train has arrived on time on one finger. It's an abysmal service. There must be a backlog with the delay replays because I'm not even receiving a response regarding those submitted last year.
My online logged delay repay claims take about 4 weeks to come through the post.
Old 29-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Usually it's only as far as East Croydon. Once it's past Croydon 1st class becomes a problem again.
From where? I have never heard that. I can tell you now suburban routes from Caterham, Tattenham and Sutton all state there is no FC and the areas can be used.
Old 29-01-2014, 03:31 PM

Sidney Kickit : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSidney Kickit : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSidney Kickit : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSidney Kickit : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSidney Kickit : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSidney Kickit : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSidney Kickit : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSidney Kickit : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSidney Kickit : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSidney Kickit : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSidney Kickit : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by richdeniro View Post
I know it feels that way Rich, but actually on a 4 car train a max 24 seats out of approx 400 (my estimate) are 1st class. On the peak services into and out of London Bridge, 1st class is normally full or close to. Standing in 1st class is generally acceptable on full trains.
Old 29-01-2014, 03:42 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
From where? I have never heard that. I can tell you now suburban routes from Caterham, Tattenham and Sutton all state there is no FC and the areas can be used.

Standing in first class on any train without a first class ticket is travelling without a valid ticket and you can be fined if an inspector comes along. Seen that happen quite a few times to people.

Last edited by Woosie; 10-06-2022 at 03:05 PM.
Old 29-01-2014, 03:51 PM
Up the Palace!!!

I was passing on a train to Purley (on an LB to CAT) yesterday and it scrolled across the PIS screen that there was no FC and that it could be used.
Old 29-01-2014, 03:56 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Last edited by Woosie; 10-06-2022 at 03:05 PM.
Old 29-01-2014, 04:04 PM

ForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
They are probably the worst run company I've ever come across. How are they allowed to get away with it every single day?