Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: As of 05/02/17 who should be first choice Goalkeeper
1 Julian Speroni 311 26.22%
13 wayne Hennessey 178 15.01%
30 Steve Mandanda 561 47.30%
Another 136 11.47%
Voters: 1186. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 26-02-2015, 01:23 PM
COYP!

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
I don't feel at ease when Hennessey is in goal. I do when Jules is. Both clearly have mistakes in them, but if they didn't, they wouldn't be playing for us.
Cool.....big up the players and club!!!
Old 26-02-2015, 06:49 PM
COYP!

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehalifaxman View Post
Distribution stats aren't to be taken too seriously. Just shows we lack a target man. Most keepers punt it up the middle. .
Jules has got a bit of a Banana foot ...
Old 26-02-2015, 11:55 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Jules has got a bit of a Banana foot ...
Has he seen a doctor?
Old 27-02-2015, 11:19 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
I really marvel at people thinking Jules has improved his distribution recently, yes, throwing the ball to someone with the opposition player bearing down on them and almost causing goal chances. Hennessy has not done anything particularly wrong in his few opportunities yet people say they feel more confident with Jules in goal? I really do wonder what is behind not trying Him out as there can be little doubt that Jules is not playing well in the last few matches.
Old 27-02-2015, 11:27 PM
56 years and counting…

Chobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
I really marvel at people thinking Jules has improved his distribution recently, yes, throwing the ball to someone with the opposition player bearing down on them and almost causing goal chances. Hennessy has not done anything particularly wrong in his few opportunities yet people say they feel more confident with Jules in goal? I really do wonder what is behind not trying Him out as there can be little doubt that Jules is not playing well in the last few matches.
Presumably AP thinks Jules is the better goalkeeper, at the moment at least. I'm sure it's as straightforward as that.
Old 28-02-2015, 03:51 PM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
Anybody calling for Speroni to be dropped after that?

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 28-02-2015, 04:11 PM

Eaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Muntz View Post
Me

In all seriousness he should have kept out their goal IMO but what a save near the end!
Old 28-02-2015, 04:28 PM
And a packet of crisps

Pint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan1 View Post
Me

In all seriousness he should have kept out their goal IMO but what a save near the end!
Behave that goal was always curling away from him
Old 28-02-2015, 04:32 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Much improved today.

Maybe he's had a rocket
Old 28-02-2015, 05:13 PM

Eaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint of Speroni View Post
But surely he should have caught it
Old 28-02-2015, 05:54 PM

immoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Should have pushed it on to the post, caught the rebound and quickly launched the ball upfield for a counter attack. He needs to be dropped.
Old 28-02-2015, 05:57 PM

Dave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
Simple really:

1. Hennessy is inexperienced, looks nervy and makes mistakes when he plays.
2. Jules is experienced and has performed brilliantly for the club for nearly a decade.

This drop Speroni idea is a bit of a mystery to me, especially considering the quality of the opposition and his consistency. Most non-Palace will tell you he's a quality keeper. I think he'll rightly be first choice for the rest of the season and then we'll invest in a long-term solution in the summer.
Old 28-02-2015, 06:05 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Muntz View Post
So Pardew gives him a vote of confidence in the week and he ups his game?! Interesting!
Old 28-02-2015, 07:34 PM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Well played Jules, really kept us in it. More of that and we'll shut up!
Old 28-02-2015, 07:57 PM

Eaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint of Speroni View Post
Don't get me wrong I'm a massive JS fan and it would have been a terrific save I just think that having got to it he could have pushed it away with a stronger hand.
Old 28-02-2015, 08:00 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan1 View Post
Don't get me wrong I'm a massive JS fan and it would have been a terrific save I just think that having got to it he could have pushed it away with a stronger hand.
Banana foot and spongey hand. Not doing well at the moment is he?
Old 28-02-2015, 08:31 PM
gumnut cottage

foxinthebox came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfoxinthebox came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfoxinthebox came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfoxinthebox came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfoxinthebox came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfoxinthebox came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfoxinthebox came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfoxinthebox came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfoxinthebox came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfoxinthebox came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfoxinthebox came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Evergreen. Got another season in him yet. Defenders know him and that counts for a lot.
Old 28-02-2015, 08:34 PM
Question!

AJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is here
Also the man is a god. Don't forget that.

Now repeat after me "I AM FREE".
Old 28-02-2015, 08:45 PM

Alex-G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex-G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex-G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex-G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex-G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex-G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex-G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex-G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex-G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex-G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex-G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
So Pardew gives him a vote of confidence in the week and he ups his game?! Interesting!
Aint that the truth. He even came and collected some crosses, but alas, he's still glued to his line most of the time. Can't help thinking that Dann was pointing that out to him as they walked off together.
Old 28-02-2015, 10:27 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-G View Post
Aint that the truth. He even came and collected some crosses, but alas, he's still glued to his line most of the time. Can't help thinking that Dann was pointing that out to him as they walked off together.
Whilst it is nice to see Jules have a good and faultless game, it worries me that he needs some "motivation" to get him going. Last year Hennessey coming in seemed to have that effect, and this season he seemed too comfortable, and this week AP has come out and said it's his position but he's under pressure and all of a sudden he is playing better again.

At his age with his experience he shouldn't be needing a kick up the arse really.