Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 10:01 AM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat ov CPFC View Post
Not so much a case of doing more but probably less harmful in the long term. Clinton represents a strand of political thought that is at complete odds with my values. Trump is not necessarily the positive choice but at least makes the right noises on some of the things I value.
What does a foreign leaders values have to do with your family?
Old 08-12-2015, 10:09 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
As domestic gun deaths have killed 1,000 times more Americans than terrorists in the last decade, maybe NRA life member Donald Trump might want to have a think about the best way to save American lives
Old 08-12-2015, 10:11 AM

foresthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is here
I dunno. I feel Trump is trying to exploit everyone's fears to gain popularity.
Is it ethically correct to ban all Muslims from travelling to the USA ? What about families who've already booked holidays there ? want to visit friends /relatives ?
Whilst limiting terrorist movement, isn't it going to pi$$ off a lot more rational Muslims ?

I also remember Obama in the first election, making some claims of what he was going to do whilst in power. Then coming up against unforeseen obstacles.
Has he changed gun laws ? Is Guantanamo Bay still operating ?

Trump is just making-up any old shlt, just to get in power. That's just the way it is
Old 08-12-2015, 10:12 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresthillbilly View Post
I dunno. I feel Trump is trying to exploit everyone's fears to gain popularity.
Is it ethically correct to ban all Muslims from travelling to the USA ? What about families who've already booked holidays there ? want to visit friends /relatives ?
Whilst limiting terrorist movement, isn't it going to pi$$ off a lot more rational Muslims ?

I also remember Obama in the first election, making some claims of what he was going to do whilst in power. Then coming up against unforeseen obstacles.
Has he changed gun laws ? Is Guantanamo Bay still operating ?

Trump is just making-up any old shlt, just to get in power. That's just the way it is
Is it ethically correct? Err, no
Old 08-12-2015, 10:22 AM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post
Surely he cannot win.
Ronald Reagan - anything is possible in the land of the free.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:28 AM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
Well very little but with regards to this thread, I was envisaging a scenario in which I was actually having to cast a vote in favour of either Trump or Clinton. And the reality is that Trump ticks more boxes in terms of what I would be looking for.

Now that does not make me want to wave a flag for Trump but I have such utter contempt for everything that Hillary Clinton represents that I would favour Trump over her if that is what is on offer.

And why I suspect that Trump might actually stand a good chance of becoming President.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:36 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipungu View Post
Even I'm not so far gone as to want Trump the leader of anything.

I dunno, maybe society needs to be razed to be born anew. We certainly aren't learning anything that helps us as people of conscience.
why ? It seems ok to me. We should all do more to help those less fortunate but 'razing' ?
Old 08-12-2015, 10:42 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Trump will learn that it is not only "foreign looking" muslims that reside in his country, but also "western looking" converts. In Devon, we had the case of a young Devonian caucasian, who converted and was radiclised into a jihadist style terrorist via the internet. He attempted to bomb a restaurant in the centre of Exeter. Fortunately, only the detonator exploded, and did so in his face.

America are behind us in the understanding of what is actually happening in this respect, but the tragedy for them is that it is difficult to tell the difference between a jihadist style attack, and the routine commonplace nutter's attack over there.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:53 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
As domestic gun deaths have killed 1,000 times more Americans than terrorists in the last decade, maybe NRA life member Donald Trump might want to have a think about the best way to save American lives
Exactly

Matt what is the problem with Clinton that make you so vociferous in your opinions of her? Does that opinion hold for the other democrat candidates as well?

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 08-12-2015, 10:55 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
Perhaps they don't want UK citizens to have holiday homes in Croatia or sumsuch?

SaulAlinsky
Old 08-12-2015, 10:57 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
dont worry they are allready spinning away on that saying that there are fewer mass shooting deaths per million of population in the US compared to some European countries.

SaulAlinsky
Old 08-12-2015, 11:01 AM
Man of the weld

Pat of the Palace Sam the man is herePat of the Palace Sam the man is herePat of the Palace Sam the man is herePat of the Palace Sam the man is herePat of the Palace Sam the man is herePat of the Palace Sam the man is herePat of the Palace Sam the man is herePat of the Palace Sam the man is herePat of the Palace Sam the man is herePat of the Palace Sam the man is herePat of the Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
dont worry they are allready spinning away on that saying that there are fewer mass shooting deaths per million of population in the US compared to some European countries.
Eh? I'd like to see their numbers on that one.
Old 08-12-2015, 11:02 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat ov CPFC View Post
Well very little but with regards to this thread, I was envisaging a scenario in which I was actually having to cast a vote in favour of either Trump or Clinton. And the reality is that Trump ticks more boxes in terms of what I would be looking for.

Now that does not make me want to wave a flag for Trump but I have such utter contempt for everything that Hillary Clinton represents that I would favour Trump over her if that is what is on offer.

And why I suspect that Trump might actually stand a good chance of becoming President.
I presume you hate HC so much as you consider her to be one of your self named "soc.lib" types (as real a beast as a unicorn in reality). As for The Donald, do share which of those values he presents you rate so highly?

Branding of whole nations as rapists and drug barons?
Mocking and making fun of people with disabilities?
Hatred of Gay people? (That figures in your case)
Rampant mysogeny and rating women on looks rather than talent?
Thinking black people in the US are not at excessive risk from the police?
Wanting non WASP people to be on a database or have some sort of badge?
Thinking all Jews are "good at doing deals"
Wanting no realistic controls on gun use and ownership?
Unfettered destruction of the environment in the name of profit?
Endless lying on all sorts of issues from thousands of Muslims allegedly cheering 9/11 in NYC to details of his own finances?
Blocking people travelling on a religious basis
Wanting no controls on big business?

The list goes on and on.

The man is not fit for any public office except for maybe in the Nazi cabinet in the 1930's.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 08-12-2015, 11:07 AM
No longer a student

StudentEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStudentEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStudentEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStudentEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStudentEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStudentEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStudentEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStudentEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStudentEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStudentEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStudentEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
At the risk of stating the obvious, Trump's comments will no doubt appeal to a certain type of Republican voter who will always vote Republican. He needs their vote to win the nomination.

However, I'd like to think comments like these will repulse the swing voters that he needs to appeal to if he wants to actually win a presidential election.

Strava profile
Old 08-12-2015, 11:15 AM

Skin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by StudentEagle View Post
At the risk of stating the obvious, Trump's comments will no doubt appeal to a certain type of Republican voter who will always vote Republican. He needs their vote to win the nomination.

However, I'd like to think comments like these will repulse the swing voters that he needs to appeal to if he wants to actually win a presidential election.
He won't impress the happy clappy, bible thumping Repubicans. These are the guys who use the liberty of religion angle to oppose gay marriage, abortion, teaching science ect. From their POV discriminate against blacks, gays, women all you want but discriminate against a religion would make them nervous.

Also mainstream American conservatives are very sentimental about how freedom of religion was a reason the first European settlers set sail.
Old 08-12-2015, 11:17 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin Up View Post
He won't impress the happy clappy, bible thumping Repubicans. These are the guys who use the liberty of religion angle to oppose gay marriage, abortion, teaching science ect. From their POV discriminate against blacks, gays, women all you want but discriminate against a religion would make them nervous.

Also mainstream American conservatives are very sentimental about how freedom of religion was a reason the first European settlers set sail.
I forgot to put on my list he lies about his religious beliefs.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 08-12-2015, 11:22 AM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
I presume this ban applies to all - no exceptions for any Arab business folk and those who own much of his overpriced property. And no need for any embassies eithers.
Old 08-12-2015, 11:28 AM
Climbing for dollars

Has he thought about what he's going to do about the few million American muslims already in the country?

Or those pesky ones that got themselves elected to Congress?
Old 08-12-2015, 11:34 AM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post

Branding of whole nations as rapists and drug barons?
Mocking and making fun of people with disabilities?
Hatred of Gay people? (That figures in your case)
Rampant mysogeny and rating women on looks rather than talent?
Thinking black people in the US are not at excessive risk from the police?
Wanting non WASP people to be on a database or have some sort of badge?
Thinking all Jews are "good at doing deals"
Wanting no realistic controls on gun use and ownership?
Unfettered destruction of the environment in the name of profit?
Endless lying on all sorts of issues from thousands of Muslims allegedly cheering 9/11 in NYC to details of his own finances?
Blocking people travelling on a religious basis
Wanting no controls on big business?
Whilst I might argue with the semantics, in terms of the general gist of things then you might have a point.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:16 PM

Lukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post
Surely he cannot win.
Despite saying some outrageous and disgusting things. I don't think he is as stupid as people are making out.

He is playing up to poorer Americans. The working class who have been largely ignored and forgetten about. Realistically these people should have socialist tendencies but that is a dirty word in American since the Cold War. The "left" wing in America don't exactly have their back either as they are more interested in being smug in their gentrified techy homes in SF.

There are millions of Americans who the system doesn't work for and Trump's anti-immigration pro American jobs platform would be the rational thing for them to vote for, taking it at face value of course.

I'm not excusing what a collosal dick head Trump is but there is method to his madness.