Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 28-06-2016, 08:52 PM
sheeps

dbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsick View Post
Glastonbury hasn't been cutting edge for decades. It's a middle of the road commercial fest, with some weekend hippyness in the surrounding fields.

Hasn't been the same since upside down baldybeard hunt supporter eavis banned the travellers
I'm sure it's still good in the Green Fields, would stay all week and not have the worry of having tent/car. live in getting robbed, Feck all that mud and politeness though, getting more like Henly Regatta.......
Old 28-06-2016, 11:21 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excowboy View Post
So far, the list (including clashes) is:

Lady Sanity
A Guy Called Gerald
Joy Orbison & Fold
James
Night Beats
Nao
DakhaBrakha
Vince Staples
Ezra Furman
Daughter
Ronnie Spector
Savages
Underworld
Sigur Ros
Four Tet
Anna Meridith
Squeeze
Little Simz
Wolf Alice
Madness
Kurt Vile
ShibusaShirazu Orchestra
The Very Best
A Guy Called Gerald
Floating Points
Mercury Rev
James Blake
New Order
M83
Lee Scratch Perry
Kamasi Washington
Bat For Lashes
Band of Horses
Beck
PJ Harvey
Grimes
Earth,Wind & Fire
Got to see about half of these plus some bonus ones from mates that wanted to see them - She Drew The Gun and The Big Moon - both rather good.

Ronnie Spector was the highlight for me - been obsessed with her for about 15 years and she didn't disappoint. Absolutely lost my shit for the Johnny Thunders cover.

Through a lot of manic running on Sunday managed to see most of Beck, PJ Harvey, Grimes and Earth Wind & Fire - well worth the exertion, they were all magnificent. Gotta Respect Polly Jean for playing nothing but new stuff.

Werner Herzog
Old 28-06-2016, 11:26 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excowboy View Post
Ronnie Spector was the highlight for me - been obsessed with her for about 15 years and she didn't disappoint. Absolutely lost my shit for the Johnny Thunders cover.
'You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory'?
I got that on 12" yellow vinyl when it came out way back in 1978. Walked into a record shop and it was playing over the sound system. Immediately besotted.
Still in my top ten of all time, still got the vinyl.

Last edited by Stellavista; 28-06-2016 at 11:32 PM.
Old 29-06-2016, 09:10 AM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
I got that on 12" yellow vinyl when it came out way back in 1978. Walked into a record shop and it was playing over the sound system. Immediately besotted.
That's the one. Incredible song - she covered it on a 1999 EP produced by Joey Ramone.

Werner Herzog
Old 29-06-2016, 12:33 PM

CedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
New Order irritate me a bit now, I'm afraid. Hooky was a huge element of that band.
Sumner's whooping during Joy Division songs just seems a bit inappropriate.
Enjoyed the set but sort of felt guilty enjoying them with no Hookie present.
Last time I saw him interviewed there's about as much chance of them reconciling as Charlton winning FA Cup next season.
Old 29-06-2016, 12:35 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric the Ginga View Post
Are your slippers muddy?
ooh, the opinion police are here

Old 29-06-2016, 03:31 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
In my opinion the weather was absolutely shit, the bands booked were mostly very uninspiring and were often put on the wrong stage for their popularity.

For example - Ozric Tentacles should be on the Avalon stage at 22:30 not stuck in the tiny Glade area at 2 in the afternoon. What f*cking dick thought of that one?

Most of the stages have lost their identity and it's like someone put the stages and band names into a hat and drew out random combinations to appear at random times.

Still... I got in for f*** all, had crew access everywhere (cheap beer, dry seats, bogs with bog roll etc.), and had 7 days on site + on the lash so I mustn't grumble.

It just seems to have got too big altogether. I'd have thought keeping it smaller would have been more in keeping with the original spirit of the thing.

Reckon you'll be back next year?
Old 29-06-2016, 04:14 PM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric the Ginga View Post
Spoken like someone who's never been near the place.
LOl in 89 and 90 i stayed for a month in the travellers field. my bus was plotted up about 200yds from wango rileys stage.

I've been to hundreds of festivals and used to go from one to another.. I still play in a band that play them all the time,we've already played 5 festys this year and are booked in for loads more including boomtown etc . I think i know a little bit about them.
Old 29-06-2016, 04:32 PM
Someone who was

Eric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
LOl in 89 and 90 i stayed for a month in the travellers field. my bus was plotted up about 200yds from wango rileys stage.

I've been to hundreds of festivals and used to go from one to another.. I still play in a band that play them all the time,we've already played 5 festys this year and are booked in for loads more including boomtown etc . I think i know a little bit about them.
Fair play.
But I don't think Eavis had any choice but to ban the travellers after the problems they allegedly caused after being banned from Stonehenge. Didn't they damage a load of Land Rovers, fights etc etc??
Old 30-06-2016, 10:19 AM
Fishy McFishface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdMan View Post
It just seems to have got too big altogether. I'd have thought keeping it smaller would have been more in keeping with the original spirit of the thing.

Yeah the best bit for me are the crew bar parties We hang out in or around the Shagri-la which was Lost Vagueness which was The Weird Beard field, which was the travellers field, Mutoid Waste co. Etc. so although everyone has got older and more organised it's still the old school original ex-Henge crew. Wango Riley's stage is still there Saw the old dog-on-a-rope crusties The Radical Dance Faction (RDF) there last year.
Old 30-06-2016, 10:21 AM
Fishy McFishface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:

Phil, read my post above this one... Wango's is still there and a load of the original crew are all behind the whole Shangri-la area now, the maddest nightlife on the site, stages going until 5 / 6am
Old 30-06-2016, 02:51 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Never heard it before but have now. What a song. Cheers guys
Old 01-07-2016, 12:12 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
Never heard it before but have now. What a song. Cheers guys
Pete Perrett on guitar and backing vocals.
If a song can be a smackheads' convention, that's the one.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:11 PM
Fishy McFishface

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdMan View Post
I thought of you as I had a bloody lovely falafel and a cup of chai in the green field
Old 04-07-2016, 04:21 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I thought of you as I had a bloody lovely falafel and a cup of chai in the green field
Old 18-03-2017, 05:22 PM

dufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Quote:
Phil, read my post above this one... Wango's is still there and a load of the original crew are all behind the whole Shangri-la area now, the maddest nightlife on the site, stages going until 5 / 6am
To go a bit further than that. Eavis, him oft maligned, sometimes with reason, sometimes not actually approached some of the old Mutoid crew & asked them to put together a late night area for Glastonbury, & Lost Vagueness was born, from that came Shangri La. It has not all been plain sailing by any means but don't be fooled into thinking that whole spirit of the late 80's festivals has gone. It hasn't, but it is s fraction more contained. Anyone who was there in 89 I think it was when the Brew Crew were robbing cars & cutting them up, & robbing people left right & centre would understand why it needed containing. They ****ed it up for themselves &everyone else. And before anyone starts I was there in my mates old library bus in the travellers field for I am sure was about 3 weeks. I'm good mates with the 2 people behind NYC Downlow & Maceo's (Block 9's backstage bar & stage - where the real party is for about 2 weeks still). They both still live in trailers & were both part of the Mutoid crew. People are too quick to fall for the stereo type that is in front of them.