Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 17-04-2017, 10:01 PM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
I go before most home games on the way up from rural Sussex. The Guyanese rotis (pepper pot pork, chicken or lamb) are awesome, as is the Sri Lankan stall. I can't speak for the rest. Good range of beers at Cronx.

Overall a great addition to the London street food scene, good vibe, exciting and varied food, great design, what's not to like
Old 17-04-2017, 10:03 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
But thigh is far more tasty and needs much more effort to prepare!!! Anyone can do a chicken breast burger / fillet, the thigh is one of the selling points! Have you had it, mac(donalds)star(burger) ?
lol

yeh i did have it (without the hot sauce) and is was very good...the only complaint was that it seemed a bit slimy..........which is exactly what id expect from thigh.

Same compliants about their fries as others have said... a rip off.
Old 17-04-2017, 10:04 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by teesdale99 View Post
I go before most home games on the way up from rural Sussex. The Guyanese rotis (pepper pot pork, chicken or lamb) are awesome, as is the Sri Lankan stall. I can't speak for the rest. Good range of beers at Cronx.

Overall a great addition to the London street food scene, good vibe, exciting and varied food, great design, what's not to like
the prices are what not to like...and all the sit down areas are bloody uncomfortable...but apart from that.
Old 17-04-2017, 10:17 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
That's what I'm saying, pay a little more and get something that you really enjoy. You're getting old, man! Your palette is maturing, and your pocket is getting slightly fatter
Five Guys is an unusual example to cite though, as their burgers are overpriced nonsense (also, "palate").
Old 17-04-2017, 10:24 PM
Global Thermonuclear War

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
(also, "palate").
F*** s*** I knew it looked wrong Bah. I'm setting up the noose.
Old 17-04-2017, 10:27 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
F*** s*** I knew it looked wrong Bah. I'm setting up the noose.
Sorry H- SPaG pedants are worse than Aids.
Old 17-04-2017, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Five Guys is an unusual example to cite though, as their burgers are overpriced nonsense (also, "palate").
still miles better than mcdonalds
Old 17-04-2017, 10:33 PM
jft39

Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
still miles better than mcdonalds
I don't think there's enough difference to justify the price.
Old 17-04-2017, 10:41 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Thigh meat is a million times better than breast.

Five Guys is ok, but there's much better burgers out there. Burger Brothers in Brighton, Fat Boys in Crawley. Both cheaper too.
Old 17-04-2017, 10:41 PM

Quote:
I don't think there's enough difference to justify the price.
agree...... five guys is probably £1-£1.50 overpriced
Old 17-04-2017, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
Thigh meat is a million times better than breast.

Five Guys is ok, but there's much better burgers out there. Burger Brothers in Brighton, Fat Boys in Crawley. Both cheaper too.
burger brothers excellent yes
Old 17-04-2017, 11:17 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
with gourment burger places springing up all over the place (like those in boxpark, Five Guys etc etc)... i hope we start seeing the demise of McDonalds... i certainly can see Burger King really struggling in the future, it really is shit now.

The Big Mac is now not a burger i look forward to.....but a double cheeseburger at a place like Five Guys is 50 times better even though its just over double the price.

I think one of the issues is that McDonalds used to be cheap......it really isnt now.
Five Guys is certainly superior to McDonald's and Burger King, but it isn't gourmet. But I concur with the general sentiment, McDonald's and particularly Burger King have been shit for yonks, and are being shown up by the new wave of places which take a bit more care.
Old 18-04-2017, 12:57 AM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Chilango's burritos are very good, probably my favourite thing I've had at Boxpark. Could have been a bit warmer but still nice. The raspberry drink they do is decent as well

have absolutely no intention of going McDonald's or BK when I'm in Croydon these days, it's just settling for shit
Old 18-04-2017, 02:21 AM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Needs another couple of dedicated bars. Especially an outdoor one for the summer. The Boxbar is just dingy and shit and the Cronx bar although decent feels a bit cut off from the vibe.
Old 18-04-2017, 08:02 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
Needs another couple of dedicated bars. Especially an outdoor one for the summer. The Boxbar is just dingy and shit and the Cronx bar although decent feels a bit cut off from the vibe.
I'd go with that.

The K Wongs at Coq Fighter with a side of chilli chips from Indigo has sorted out more than 1 hangover for me recently.
Old 18-04-2017, 09:24 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
McDonalds is crap but very cheap. £1.50 for a double cheeseburger, less than a fiver for a Big Mac meal... it's always going to be in the high street at those prices because not everyone can shell out £10 on a burger.

Burger King, however, I really can't see how it's still going. It's probably a quid or so cheaper than Five Guys yet tastes completely inferior.

McDonald's have themselves a place in the market - the budget brand. Burger King do not. I think will go bust in the end unless they make big changes to the way they're doing things, and soon.
Old 18-04-2017, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
McDonalds is crap but very cheap. £1.50 for a double cheeseburger, less than a fiver for a Big Mac meal... it's always going to be in the high street at those prices because not everyone can shell out £10 on a burger.

Burger King, however, I really can't see how it's still going. It's probably a quid or so cheaper than Five Guys yet tastes completely inferior.

McDonald's have themselves a place in the market - the budget brand. Burger King do not. I think will go bust in the end unless they make big changes to the way they're doing things, and soon.
Not sure a fiver for a big mac meal is that much value these days. ..... their breakie though is still pretty special.

Burger King at victoria for example is a joke, price and quality wise....but of course they are going for the tourist and pissed up late night reveler market which keeps them going. Im sure the tourists find it dissapointing.... as BK in the US and even in Amsterdam is decent.
Old 18-04-2017, 11:41 AM
Unregistered User

ChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
Coqfighters sell vodka too. 2 quid a shot too. Does it for me.
Old 18-04-2017, 12:14 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Wetherspoons do a Burger and beer meal deal for 7:50

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 18-04-2017, 12:19 PM
Banned by Moderators

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
McDonalds breakfasts I reckon are good only now and then,
But I like em,went to the boxpark a few months ago down from Norfolk,no hurry to go back,but I can see the appeal