Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 18-04-2017, 12:34 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Fleeting visits to Boxpark twice.... Ate at Coqfighters twice. It's like an addiction!

They need to sort some electronic nights though.
Old 18-04-2017, 12:47 PM
Unregistered User

ChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Wetherspoons do a Burger and beer meal deal for 7:50
Yes - and its microwaved, soggy shite.

It has its place - but if you're looking for good tasting food, it is not it.
Old 18-04-2017, 12:54 PM
Tramps like us baby

SgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
MeatLiquor, upstairs, do a fantastic Green Chili burger. During the day a burger, chips and bottomless soft drinks for £10. Don't do what I did and exchange the soft drinks for beer though, works out rather expensive.
Old 18-04-2017, 01:00 PM
Global Thermonuclear War

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
I think there's a lot to be said for Wetherspoons doing food and drink at affordable prices, especially when a lot of pubs are charging over a tenner for basic pub food like burgers and pie and mash, and that's without a drink.

For me the food at Boxpark is far cheaper than a restaurant, and cheaper than most pubs - but more expensive than some budget pubs and fast food chains, and I think that's fair enough.
Old 18-04-2017, 03:42 PM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I like Cronx but do find if you get anything other than their own stuff, it's very pricey.

And Coqfighter is great but again, £9 for a burger is a little too much imo.
Yes I think £9 is a lot just for a chicken burger , for that price it should include chips, it's a real bugbear that these kind of places don't include chips with the burger, surely it's not much of a dent in the profit margin if they are included , a small bucket of chips can't cost more than 50p wholesale ?

Last edited by Kylie_Tracey; 18-04-2017 at 03:48 PM.
Old 18-04-2017, 04:00 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie_Tracey View Post
Yes I think £9 is a lot just for a chicken burger , for that price it should include chips, it's a real bugbear that these kind of places don't include chips with the burger, surely it's not much of a dent in the profit margin if they are included , a small bucket of chips can't cost more than 50p wholesale ?
The portion sizes are way over the top even for a greedy c*nt like me. The burger could be half the size and a bit more reasonably priced. Same with the chips. The portion they give is enough for three people.
Old 18-04-2017, 05:53 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckMcBalls View Post
Yes - and its microwaved, soggy shite.

It has its place - but if you're looking for good tasting food, it is not it.
The one I had last week definitely wasn't. Great value at 7:50

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 18-04-2017, 05:56 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
For me the food at Boxpark is far cheaper than a restaurant, and cheaper than most pubs - but more expensive than some budget pubs and fast food chains, and I think that's fair enough.
Boxpark was fantastic, yes some things were pricey but the range suited me as I like to graze from various places. The Ceylonese stuff was great. As for burgers....given the choice available I just find it a bit sad that all someone wants is a burger, the same as you can get down the road at Wetherspoons...be adventurous.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 18-04-2017, 05:59 PM
Global Thermonuclear War

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Boxpark was fantastic, yes some things were pricey but the range suited me as I like to graze from various places. The Ceylonese stuff was great. As for burgers....given the choice available I just find it a bit sad that all someone wants is a burger, the same as you can get down the road at Wetherspoons...be adventurous.
Yeah same as why I wouldn't usually buy pizza or Indian there as there are masses of local outlets doing it already, but at least it means that everyone is catered for if you are there in a group and all eating together in the middle.
Old 18-04-2017, 06:05 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
There's no chippy though!
Old 18-04-2017, 06:09 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
There's no chippy though!
There is...Poptata on the first floor..really nice chips.
Old 18-04-2017, 06:12 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
I didn't know there was a first floor! Just thought it was that big burger place, and that was it.
Old 18-04-2017, 06:16 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Poptata is beside the top entrance, near the stairs that take you down into the main seating area of Boxpark.
Old 18-04-2017, 08:06 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Has anyone tried the vegan donner? Is it any good?
Old 18-04-2017, 08:19 PM

Speron1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Has anyone tried the vegan donner? Is it any good?
Yeah, enjoyed it. Proper loaded up with fake 'meat' plus all the salad and hummus etc. I'm not vegan but reckon it's a damn good substitute for those who are and need a bit of a fix
Old 18-04-2017, 08:36 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
But wtf is it?! I'm intrigued...
Old 18-04-2017, 08:58 PM

Speron1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I have no idea
Old 18-04-2017, 09:25 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
You know how Quorn do sausages, nuggets & mince? Well this is their new venture - imitating horse meat.
Old 18-04-2017, 10:13 PM
Global Thermonuclear War

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
You know how Quorn do sausages, nuggets & mince? Well this is their new venture - imitating horse meat.
It'll be the Epsom Quorn Derby soon!
Old 18-04-2017, 10:15 PM
Global Thermonuclear War

Hey a horse meat unit, now there's an idea.