Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Away Fans End

Notices

Away Fans End The away fans end

Old 07-02-2014, 06:21 AM
War Chief

Cleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
Bozza and El Presidente I notice have been very confidently informing people that Bloom is no longer expecting any money back at all from his 'investments' into BAHFC.

When did this sudden change occur from the previous assertion that he would be paid back over 25 years via the unstoppable money making behemoth combo of the Amex and its ST holders? (Any unlikely shortfall to be absorbed into shares of course).

I guess it's a natural thought process to follow given that, even without repayments, the club is failing massively financially. Perhaps it would be helpful for one of our BBS financial experts to calculate the monthly repayment figure to Bloom over 25 years, and add it to an average of their losses over the past three years to give their fans a figure to go on if they wish to achieve their oft stated aim of clubs 'living within their means'?
I'm not a financial expert, but working on the basis that the Amex cost 120M and the training complex will cost 30M then a repayment over 25-years would be 6M per year without interest. If a typical mortgage rate of interest was applied that would presumably rise to north of 10M a year. Some subsidy!!

"You're just part of everything that's happened to us tonight... and it's all bad"
Old 07-02-2014, 06:28 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
I'm not a financial expert, but working on the basis that the Amex cost 120M and the training complex will cost 30M then a repayment over 25-years would be 6M per year without interest. If a typical mortgage rate of interest was applied that would presumably rise to north of 10M a year. Some subsidy!!
Ok so let's average out their losses between 8-14m, making 11 m a year. Add that to the repayment, (and let's be generous by ignoring the interest rate), and we're talking a mere 17m a year target for BHAFC to meet in order to achieve their goal of being completely self sufficient.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:37 AM
War Chief

Cleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Ok so let's average out their losses between 8-14m, making 11 m a year. Add that to the repayment, (and let's be generous by ignoring the interest rate), and we're talking a mere 17m a year target for BHAFC to meet in order to achieve their goal of being completely self sufficient.
Yes, although I would guess that they have front loaded some losses into last year and I would expect their losses for this year to be c. 8M in line with FFP requirements. So the delta is c. 14M per year assuming no interest on the capital expenditure loan.

"You're just part of everything that's happened to us tonight... and it's all bad"
Old 07-02-2014, 08:49 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
I've done all these calculations before on other threads. Can't remember which threads but I worked on some football finance transactions a few years ago and even on those loan to value ratios the repayments would be massive. Nowadays you'd be lucky to get any leverage above 50% so TB would still need a massive wadge of equity. So if you factored in a decent return on equity the repayments would be even bigger

Three key questions for Brighton fans that no one can answer are

1. What is TBs wealth. There is no evidence anywhere in the world he is mega rich apart from having been able to spunk 150m so far
2. What are the other costs in the accounts. If the new stadium comes with these costs every year then having the Amex is going to be a millstone round their neck for years and they should probably move
3. Will TB want his money back

The big thing that most of the Brighton fans can't grasp is that their accounts include all of the income from the stadium but not all of the costs. Ie they have a massive unfair advantage over other clubs so really should count their blessings rather than look down their noses at other clubs such as Forest etc
Old 07-02-2014, 08:54 AM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Using this link To view the link you have to Register or Login

Amount borrowed: 150,000,000 (based on stadium @ 100m, training ground @ 30m, losess for last two years which TB is said to be funding 20m - rounded down to be nice)
Term: 25 years
APR: 5%
Total Monthly Payment: 876,885.06 (10,522,620.72 per annum)
Total Repayment: 263,065,518.68

Have their accounts been published yet?

Last edited by Chris K; 07-02-2014 at 09:01 AM.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:10 AM
YOU SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME

vegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The truth is they can't bleat on about us going into admin anymore. If Bloom suddenly (for any crazy reason) has enough and wants out the club are crippled. That is a crazy amount of money to loose.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:35 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
Using this link To view the link you have to Register or Login

Amount borrowed: 150,000,000 (based on stadium @ 100m, training ground @ 30m, losess for last two years which TB is said to be funding 20m - rounded down to be nice)
Term: 25 years
APR: 5%
Total Monthly Payment: 876,885.06 (10,522,620.72 per annum)
Total Repayment: 263,065,518.68

Have their accounts been published yet?
in the real world you'd most likely have 50% equity and 50% debt with debt all in of c9% and equity 15% ROE so more like 19m pa if TB wanted a proper return
Old 07-02-2014, 09:36 AM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Oh absolutely, I was using the most simplified version possible.

Even if he got 'just' the 150m back in 25 years time he's taking on an opportunity cost of 113m by not putting the money to use elsewhere. If it's true he doesn't want anything back then hats off to the bloke, stout chap.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
Oh absolutely, I was using the most simplified version possible.

Even if he got 'just' the 150m back in 25 years time he's taking on an opportunity cost of 113m by not putting the money to use elsewhere. If it's true he doesn't want anything back then hats off to the bloke, stout chap.
he's a billionaire (according to NSC) so its a drop in the ocean
Old 07-02-2014, 11:42 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Bozza and El Presidente I notice have been very confidently informing people that Bloom is no longer expecting any money back at all from his 'investments' into BAHFC.

When did this sudden change occur from the previous assertion that he would be paid back over 25 years via the unstoppable money making behemoth combo of the Amex and its ST holders? (Any unlikely shortfall to be absorbed into shares of course).
Rumoured that he took all his wealth back in May and and stuck it all on Red

and Blue!!!!!
Old 10-05-2017, 01:00 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Astonishingly, no WHP and Andy on this thread back in the day
Old 10-05-2017, 01:30 PM

mpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Astonishingly, no WHP and Andy on this thread back in the day
Their computers developed problems I believe
Old 10-05-2017, 03:17 PM
Benevolence personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfn View Post
Their computers developed problems I believe
It's probably for the best. WHP seems headed the same way as 'tin foil hat' Botty. Their confusion over what their club actually is and how to reconcile the reality of the situation with the utopian vision of their morally upstanding club seem to drive them all to insanity.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:28 PM
and Sainsbury's

wehatepalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewehatepalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewehatepalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewehatepalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewehatepalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewehatepalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewehatepalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewehatepalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewehatepalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewehatepalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewehatepalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
It's probably for the best. WHP seems headed the same way as 'tin foil hat' Botty. Their confusion over what their club actually is and how to reconcile the reality of the situation with the utopian vision of their morally upstanding club seem to drive them all to insanity.
I know, let's dig up and recycle some old threads to try and compliment my failed daily rants to support my confused narratives. Maybe that will make all this guff become real
Old 10-05-2017, 03:49 PM
Benevolence personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehatepalace View Post
I know, let's dig up and recycle some old threads to try and compliment my failed daily rants to support my confused narratives. Maybe that will make all this guff become real
At least you've had the dignity to admit defeat.