Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 28-05-2017, 03:46 PM

StevePlus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStevePlus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStevePlus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStevePlus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStevePlus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStevePlus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStevePlus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStevePlus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStevePlus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStevePlus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStevePlus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
If you could draw a line with a ruler from the ball on Hopkin's boot, through where it finished in the net right up to the top of the non tunnel end at the old Wembley, that line would end with me.

I remember watching the ball coming straight towards us in slow motion. I could see it was going in from about half way. Great day
I was behind the goal, a bit to the right, and it appeared obvious to me that the ball was going to sail way past the outside of the goal. I didn't even feel tense - just another wasted chance.

I think their goalkeeper saw it the same way, as he hardly tried to save it. We were both rather surprised to see the ball in the back of the net.
Old 28-05-2017, 03:54 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevePlus View Post
I was behind the goal, a bit to the right, and it appeared obvious to me that the ball was going to sail way past the outside of the goal. I didn't even feel tense - just another wasted chance.

I think their goalkeeper saw it the same way, as he hardly tried to save it. We were both rather surprised to see the ball in the back of the net.
Pfft. Cheap seats.
Old 28-05-2017, 04:06 PM

Twiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
im sure people who weren't there will not understand the atmosphere in the last few minutes of that game before the "hopkin looking to curl one moment". As others have said, the noise and emotion from it was such that you really felt that it was going to be our moment. The match itself was forgettable, but those there remembered the year before, and im sure it made us shout even louder. I was behind the shot, pitch level, on the side, and yes, the moment you saw it leave his boot, you knew it was dangerous and the curl of it was just fantastic. Amazing scenes after.....
Old 28-05-2017, 04:29 PM
Born in South London

gcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Like a lot of memorable moments everything seemed to happen in slow motion.

There was split second when it didn't actually register that the ball had gone in. It was only confirmed when a bloke behind me hugged me like a long lost brother.

Any euphoria that we experienced was soon tempered by watching Steve Coppell's interview on TV when we got home. When asked what promotion to the Premier League meant for Palace he said "9 months of misery I expect". This was followed soon after by the news of Hopkin's departure to Leeds.

At least we got to see Lombardo in the red and blue.
Old 28-05-2017, 04:55 PM

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Remember it well. We were right behind the goal and saw the perfect curvature....you c**t!
We walked past Wembley after the game (and a good jolly up) when we happened upon a group of Sheffield Utd fans including Sean Bean.

Long story short, I managed to insult Sean and his mates and put Sheffield Utd in their place.
It was obvious to all and sundry that Mr Bean wanted to smash my Palace mouth in. But he didn't.
I'm a lot taller than him so he chose the right 'keep your Northert mouth shut and take it on the chin' c**t.
And that's all I have to say about that.
Old 28-05-2017, 05:25 PM

prizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by whyteleafeeagle View Post
Stevie Coppell's red n blue army - is there any footage of the 2nd half cause I've looked everywhere
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD
*prizesucker's suggestion about shallow nets shows he's a true connoisseur of the beautiful game :)
Old 28-05-2017, 05:54 PM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Wow - 20 years ago!

I still have the scarf

Old 28-05-2017, 09:58 PM

bestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Looking at photos of that day on Friday at the funeral of one of our sadly departed Palace mates. Seems like 5 minutes ago. Great day and so many happy memories.
Old 28-05-2017, 10:20 PM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Carlo Nash celebrating with our kit man - last two off the pitch.
Old 29-05-2017, 08:10 AM
Mods Rule!!!

whyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by prizesucker View Post
Brilliant, can really hear the atmosphere in those final 10 minutes

twitter@WhyteleafeEagle
Old 29-05-2017, 08:15 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
My 11 year old son's first away match.

Priceless emotions at the end.
Old 29-05-2017, 10:08 AM
Liberal Filth

xab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
Quote:
Originally Posted by prizesucker View Post
That was superb. Can't remember if I ever saw the game outside of Wembley, so much I'd forgotten. I honestly don't remember Bruce Dyer being that good, probably because of the forwards he was following in the footsteps of at the time.

What I do remember is someone recreating Hopkin's goal with a pint pot down George Street...
Old 29-05-2017, 01:00 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
Remember it well. We were right behind the goal and saw the perfect curvature....you c**t!
We walked past Wembley after the game (and a good jolly up) when we happened upon a group of Sheffield Utd fans including Sean Bean.

Long story short, I managed to insult Sean and his mates and put Sheffield Utd in their place.
It was obvious to all and sundry that Mr Bean wanted to smash my Palace mouth in. But he didn't.
I'm a lot taller than him so he chose the right 'keep your Northert mouth shut and take it on the chin' c**t.
And that's all I have to say about that.
My hero.........
Old 29-05-2017, 01:02 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevePlus View Post

All game Hoppo had been making atrocious crosses into the box, from where we were sat (two blocks away from the royal box block) it just looked like another wayward cross...groans all around that turned into gasps of surprise then screams of absolute joy.

Even today that goal has me punching the air.
Old 29-05-2017, 01:59 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcwhite View Post
Like a lot of memorable moments everything seemed to happen in slow motion.

There was split second when it didn't actually register that the ball had gone in. It was only confirmed when a bloke behind me hugged me like a long lost brother.

Any euphoria that we experienced was soon tempered by watching Steve Coppell's interview on TV when we got home. When asked what promotion to the Premier League meant for Palace he said "9 months of misery I expect". This was followed soon after by the news of Hopkin's departure to Leeds.

At least we got to see Lombardo in the red and blue.
I am glad you mentioned slow motion , because thats how I remember the shot as it curled into the net.... To me though and I was behind and to the right when it hit the back of the net , the ball seemed to grow it was like a full moon. I know it sounds weird but its the memory I have. I assume I just focused on the ball everything else was taken out of vision.
Old 29-05-2017, 02:20 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Can't believe it was twenty years ago. What a summer of expectation that was, especially when those ludicrous stories about signing Lombardo came out...
Old 29-05-2017, 09:20 PM

NYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
All game Hoppo had been making atrocious crosses into the box, from where we were sat (two blocks away from the royal box block) it just looked like another wayward cross...groans all around that turned into gasps of surprise then screams of absolute joy.

Even today that goal has me punching the air.

Was opposite the Royal Box and therefore right behind Hopkins. Only one outcome.

We were the last Palace fans before the Sheffield Utd fans! Also remember that we had been beaten by Leicester the previous year in the 119th minute.
Old 29-05-2017, 09:28 PM

JannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Was sat watching in a bar in La Manga after winning the 'Lifeline' week in Ron's villa !!
Bad timing!
Old 29-05-2017, 09:40 PM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Talking about this just today with some friends who came along with me and the old man. Good times but the day was a blur.

Victoria meet up was amazing then it all started to go down hill. Had my big flag confiscated getting into Wembley, missed the national anthem going to the toilet whilst my pals and old man all placed a bet on Hopkin 1-0 scorecast leaving me out. Then went for a p*** in the final minute and heard the roar as I missed Hopkins goal. Finally through emotion and alcohol and needing to throw up in the toilet I missed the lifting of the trophy. Those were the days, young and stoopid😂