Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 18-06-2017, 11:20 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Palace juniors circa 1966

My father-in-law sadly passed away a few days ago. Amongst his momentos was found this photo of Palace youth players from about 1966 (I'm guessing based on the white shirts which Palace last wore about that time).

His two nephews, Ron and Mick Harland (Ron last on the right back row, Mick front row behind the ball) are in the photo - but I'm not too sure about many of the others, perhaps older BBSers can name some more?

I first visted Selhurst Park in October 1970, but it looked far better then than this earlier picture!

I can make out the players have their backs to the corner of Whitehorse Lane and Park Road - but there does not seem to be much terracing.

Last edited by CP Satellite; 18-06-2017 at 11:50 AM.
Old 18-06-2017, 06:53 PM

Spiderman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpiderman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpiderman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpiderman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpiderman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpiderman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpiderman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpiderman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpiderman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpiderman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpiderman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP Satellite View Post
My father-in-law sadly passed away a few days ago. Amongst his momentos was found this photo of Palace youth players from about 1966 (I'm guessing based on the white shirts which Palace last wore about that time).

His two nephews, Ron and Mick Harland (Ron last on the right back row, Mick front row behind the ball) are in the photo - but I'm not too sure about many of the others, perhaps older BBSers can name some more?

I first visted Selhurst Park in October 1970, but it looked far better then than this earlier picture!

I can make out the players have their backs to the corner of Whitehorse Lane and Park Road - but there does not seem to be much terracing.

Sorry for your loss. I cannot help with the players, although the surname rings a bell, but I can confirm at that time there was terracing on 3 sides and the main stand was the only sitting. I played at SP about this time in the Croydon Primary Schools Cup Final, and can remember seeing the empty massive terracing on 3 sides, the stand was full though. Keep your chin up