Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 15-02-2017, 04:15 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Feared the worst there for a minute
Old 15-02-2017, 04:17 PM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Old 15-02-2017, 04:17 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
Feared the worst there for a minute
Same haha.
Old 15-02-2017, 09:08 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent View Post
Sunday evening 19/02 @ 9:00 p.m. on channel 4 is an hour long programme featuring Tom Waits. Should be interesting even though it will probably be more interviews than performance.

Thanks. It's on BBC4.
Old 16-02-2017, 12:02 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
A superb interpretation:

Old 23-02-2017, 02:19 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Forgot about that. Need to iplayer it.
Old 23-02-2017, 11:02 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
This is the track that got me into Waits in the first place. Magical.

Haven't seen him live since London in 1981.
Old 24-02-2017, 01:09 AM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
This is the track that got me into Waits in the first place. Magical.

Haven't seen him live since London in 1981.
Love Small Change, both the track and the album.

Envious of you having seen him play in London, his shows here are few and far between. I saw him at the Edinburgh Playhouse about eight years ago, on his first visit to these shores in a very long time.

Would love to see him do another London gig, maybe if we promise him that Ian Hislop won't be allowed anywhere near him he will come back one day.
Old 24-02-2017, 01:27 AM

StanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Love this one .
Old 24-02-2017, 01:31 AM

StanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine

And this one
Old 24-02-2017, 01:59 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanRd2005 View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Love this one .
Swordfishtrombones. What a brilliant album.
Old 24-02-2017, 02:12 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post

Envious of you having seen him play in London, his shows here are few and far between.
Was at the New Victoria Theatre. Now where 'Wicked' the musical is currently playing. Saw numerous gigs there through my teens and twenties, including Slade and Bolan, Captain Beefheart, Can, Thin Lizzy and Lou Reed.

I wasn't meant to be there that night - I think I was meant to be at a band rehearsal in Camden - but an old friend turned up at mine having been blown out by a girl he was rather keen on, and he offered me the spare ticket. Her loss was my gain.
Old 24-02-2017, 12:25 PM

Tim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Saw him on the Big Time / Franks Wild Years tour, hammersmith I think. It was great - would have loved to have seen him in his troubadour years though.
Old 25-02-2017, 07:38 AM

EMCEE is playing for a contract
A true genius. Look at the way that he has progressively changed his musical style but always maintained high quality. You can dip into his back catalogue anywhere and find tremendous work. I think I saw that gig in Victoria and then later at that place on Tottenham Court Road (Astoria?). Would probably have been around the time if Rain Dogs.
Old 28-02-2017, 01:20 PM
43% Burnt

Watched the doc yesterday on iPlayer. Really great, informative and well put together.
Old 10-07-2017, 02:12 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Don-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Tom Waits - a brilliant chronicler and balladeer of a certain slice of American life. A lot of his choons are tributes to life's challenges...drinking, failed relationships, working, fighting, leaving town to go some place else, a lot of it achingly tender. My personal favorite.. Xmas Card from a hooker in Minneapolis.
A richly evocative artist - love his work
Old 10-07-2017, 02:21 PM
playing 4-4-2

gadford4th has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!gadford4th has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!gadford4th has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!gadford4th has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!gadford4th has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!gadford4th has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!gadford4th has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!gadford4th has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!gadford4th has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!gadford4th has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!gadford4th has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
God I'd thought he died there for a second!
Old 10-07-2017, 02:28 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadford4th View Post
God I'd thought he died there for a second!

I was hoping for news of a London gig myself. Managed to get tickets for the one at the Apollo about 10 years ago. Usually impossible to get the good ones these days with all the touts/reselling agencies. You'd think he'd enjoy playing London so don't know why he never does.