Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Betting

Notices

World of Betting Betting forum. Please bet responsibly: gambleaware.co.uk

Old 14-07-2017, 09:56 PM

nicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Well, there are people who make a living from gambling so it is possible. Just don't expect it to be some get rich scheme as I think hard work and stats are probably the only way to win long term.

My betfair account has remained stable at c.450 for the last five years (I.e. won some lose some but overall evens). Just need to maintain discipline and only take those bets where the odds are too low.

Ironically I've probably made more money betting on Palace where you close the gap between you and the others becusedn you go to games and are more educated than others.
Old 14-07-2017, 10:08 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicobos View Post
Well, there are people who make a living from gambling so it is possible. Just don't expect it to be some get rich scheme as I think hard work and stats are probably the only way to win long term.

My betfair account has remained stable at c.450 for the last five years (I.e. won some lose some but overall evens). Just need to maintain discipline and only take those bets where the odds are too low.

Ironically I've probably made more money betting on Palace where you close the gap between you and the others becusedn you go to games and are more educated than others.
Then in the nicest possible way, what's the point? If it's just a bit of fun, fair enough but isn't the point of betting to try and win a bit of cash?

I've started matched betting and whilst I don't know how long it will last (bookies can grow tired of you winning and close your account), I'm making nice little sums.
Old 14-07-2017, 10:28 PM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
Just re-reading this bit when you say following, I am guessing you mean following online tipsters who publicise themselves on twitter etc.

As I think someone else said, I wouldn't necessarily trust these. If you were making money from in-play betting, would you tell everyone the bets you were making, knowing that the odds might well fall if enough people joined in? It's generally better to decide your own bets rather than follow other peoples' Or go for matched betting as Elgin said, and guarantee a small regular profit ...
Not that small either. If you make 40 a day from it which is really quite easy that is 1200 each month. Just need to set aside a bit of time each day to do it, and try to match bet away any bookie-side winnings into your exchange accounts to keep the bookies sweet and continuing to offer you promotions.
Old 15-07-2017, 03:40 AM

nicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
Then in the nicest possible way, what's the point? If it's just a bit of fun, fair enough but isn't the point of betting to try and win a bit of cash?

I've started matched betting and whilst I don't know how long it will last (bookies can grow tired of you winning and close your account), I'm making nice little sums.
Why do most people bet when they lose money over time ? It's exactly that, it is a bit of fun and it feels good to be right and get paid for it! I won 200 on betting on a Liverpool 1 - palace 2 score line for example last season. I'm usually getting practice at trading as generally not sitting on a bet for the whole 90 mins.

Ultimately, if I'm break even after 5 years (including lots of s of commission), the way I see it is I'm not that far off being consistently profitable

I put money into shares to make money. Betting is just for fun unless you have time to devote yourself to statistical analysis and research to gain an edge.

Matched betting works but it's a matter of time before your account is closed so not sustainable longer term.
Old 15-07-2017, 04:31 AM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Quote:
Why do most people bet when they lose money over time ? It's exactly that, it is a bit of fun and it feels good to be right and get paid for it!
I think that's a good point. The vast majority of gamblers are men, and one reason men enjoy it is to do with the male ego. Most people on cpfc.org are also men of course ...
Old 15-07-2017, 10:18 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Why do most people bet when they lose money over time ? It's exactly that, it is a bit of fun and it feels good to be right and get paid for it! I won 200 on betting on a Liverpool 1 - palace 2 score line for example last season. I'm usually getting practice at trading as generally not sitting on a bet for the whole 90 mins.

Ultimately, if I'm break even after 5 years (including lots of s of commission), the way I see it is I'm not that far off being consistently profitable

I put money into shares to make money. Betting is just for fun unless you have time to devote yourself to statistical analysis and research to gain an edge.

Matched betting works but it's a matter of time before your account is closed so not sustainable longer term.
Like I said, fair enough if you find it fun.

I don't find losing money fun though. It's just a bit shit.
Old 15-07-2017, 10:22 AM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

Not true. No bookie will restrict you if you never withdraw money. You just have to match bet any winnings away into your exchange accounts and withdraw it from there.
Old 15-07-2017, 10:23 AM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

Quote:
Like I said, fair enough if you find it fun.

I don't find losing money fun though. It's just a bit shit.
10 feature races on bet365 today
Old 15-07-2017, 02:22 PM
Heshlo Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
10 feature races on bet365 today
On it right now mate No winners yet but only about a quid or two down over 5 races so far.
Old 15-07-2017, 03:03 PM

PalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
Not true. No bookie will restrict you if you never withdraw money. You just have to match bet any winnings away into your exchange accounts and withdraw it from there.
Not true. There is no rhyme nor reason. I have had accounts for years and they throw free bets at me all the time despite me withdrawing immediately. I have other accounts where I get banned after doing the sign-up offer.

There have been plenty of discussions on this on the Profit Maximiser facebook page. Some people get lucky, some dont. There are things you can do to draw attention such as betting on norwegian league 3 matches and always picking the value bets but over time, if you dont lose lots you will eventually get banned from promotions.
Old 15-07-2017, 03:09 PM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Yes they will. Especially with predominantly horse racing accounts, if you consistently bet on horses and beat the SP they will limit you, close account or remove BOG.
Old 15-07-2017, 03:11 PM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

Quote:
On it right now mate No winners yet but only about a quid or two down over 5 races so far.
I only did the first 5 but got one up.
Old 17-07-2017, 08:29 AM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceExile View Post
Not true. There is no rhyme nor reason. I have had accounts for years and they throw free bets at me all the time despite me withdrawing immediately. I have other accounts where I get banned after doing the sign-up offer.

There have been plenty of discussions on this on the Profit Maximiser facebook page. Some people get lucky, some dont. There are things you can do to draw attention such as betting on norwegian league 3 matches and always picking the value bets but over time, if you dont lose lots you will eventually get banned from promotions.
Which is the point i'm making. Bookies only care about their bottom line, they aren't charities. They don't want successful punters on their books. I got gubbed from bet365 last year for stupidly withdrawing my winnings into my bank account on a regular basis, combined with only doing promotional offers. It would have been easy for anyone looking at my betting history to see I was matched betting. I now do neither of these things with a friend to help make him an extra income and the account stays unrestricted, because bet365 are making money from that account on a regular basis. I doubt they give two fecks that we are making even more at betfair. The advent of betting exchanges have changed betting strategies forever, as there will always be punters looking for the best odds somewhere.

Agree with your point about betting on obscure things and value bets too. I'm sure bookies have people constantly monitoring the oddsmonkey scanner to correct the arbs it brings up.
Old 17-07-2017, 08:52 AM
Heshlo Kitty

I find it disgraceful that they close accounts of successful punters. They're not charities but they should accept it when someone is getting value out of their prices and/or offers.
Old 17-07-2017, 09:07 AM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

Quote:
I find it disgraceful that they close accounts of successful punters. They're not charities but they should accept it when someone is getting value out of their prices and/or offers.
I guess they are in such a competitive market now with so many online bookies that they have to offer promotions. The problem is they all know that most offers can be taken advantage of by matched betting, when really all they want are the mug punter types to make them money. Look at the start up offers from the obscure ones like winner, it's almost impossible to withdraw money with them. Yes, they'll match your initial 200 quid deposit with 200 of their own, but you can almost guarantee due to the rollover requirements that they'll take your 200 and their 200 back first.