Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 20-07-2017, 04:04 PM
Not again Wayne

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se9 eagles View Post
Anderson was on the radar but ended up at Nice or Marseilles.When asked why he told the Croydon Advertiser 'Had a choice of the South of France or South Norwood.What would you do'?Or so the story goes.

Settling down to watch the group stage matches, and seeing Anderson do this and then thinking we may see this at the mural end whilst the Holmesdale stand was being built
Old 20-07-2017, 05:08 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
We also had Eric Wynalda the USA striker on trial at some point. Not sure if it was 93/94 Or 94/95.
Old 20-07-2017, 07:25 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Eric Young was just awesome. My all-time favourite Palace player.
Old 21-07-2017, 06:40 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
We also had Eric Wynalda the USA striker on trial at some point. Not sure if it was 93/94 Or 94/95.
I believe he scored in a friendly game too, always thought of him as a fair player, 100 caps for the yanks.

Not sure if he weren't or we weren't keen, but you'd have thought he might have scored a few more than Preece or Williams!
Old 21-07-2017, 06:42 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post
Eric Young was just awesome. My all-time favourite Palace player.
I remember getting his autograph at one of those open days when I was a kid, I said cheers ninja, he fixed me with his steely gaze..

I get the feeling he weren't keen on his nickname!
Old 21-07-2017, 07:19 AM
Not again Wayne

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
I remember getting his autograph at one of those open days when I was a kid, I said cheers ninja, he fixed me with his steely gaze..

Has there been a more private footballer than Eric Young? Even in the "Crazy Gang" documentary some of the players said they didn't know where he lived, and I believe he declined to be involved in the production. Would love to get his thoughts on his time at the club, a real leader.
Old 21-07-2017, 07:41 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post

(On discovering Eric embarked on a post-football career as an accountant):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
Perfect.

"ummmm....Eric.... these numbers just don't seem to add up...."

*stare*

"I'm sure it's fine"