Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 29-07-2017, 09:51 PM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Shrewsbury away in the 80s. We never got a result against them. Game was snowed off. Chic Bates showed us round the ground though.
Old 29-07-2017, 09:54 PM
It's obscene

cpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Charlton away
Old 29-07-2017, 10:09 PM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Grimsby. 2002. Lost 5-2.

Awful day out.
Crap day. Knew it wasn't our day when my wife, 40 weeks pregnant at the time, and due at any moment, copped the ball in the head from Dean Austin in the pre-match warm up. How the hell he could miss the goal in a warm up by that much is beyond me!

The only good part is that I was living half a mile from Grimsby's ground in those days so didn't have a long journey home!
The One More Point book is underway....and only 12 years late. This will be a book about not just One More Point but a look at all fanzines and their impact. It will look at what it was like being a Palace fan and football fan back in the 80s/90s. If you have comments, memories or just to remind me some (most likely drunken) incident back in the day then please PM me. And if you can think of a decent title then please step right up!
Old 29-07-2017, 10:41 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Must admit I haven't been to a huge number but hands down the 3-0 defeat to Brighton promotion season.

Tried to leave early (which I never do, no matter the circumstances) as had a match to get to that I was playing in. Plods wouldn't let me leave, holding everyone back for about an hour after the game while it pissed it down. Ended up looking like a drowned rat and late to my game being dropped to the bench as a result - admittedly also threw a massive paddy about the whole thing given the mood I was in. We then got thumped.

Bloody awful day all round.
Old 30-07-2017, 07:02 AM
The squeezed middle

PoshPalace will cross the room to turn the lights down lowPoshPalace will cross the room to turn the lights down lowPoshPalace will cross the room to turn the lights down lowPoshPalace will cross the room to turn the lights down lowPoshPalace will cross the room to turn the lights down lowPoshPalace will cross the room to turn the lights down lowPoshPalace will cross the room to turn the lights down lowPoshPalace will cross the room to turn the lights down lowPoshPalace will cross the room to turn the lights down lowPoshPalace will cross the room to turn the lights down lowPoshPalace will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Barnsley in 1998 under Venables with a side which featured several of his dodgy signings (Walter Del Rio anyone?) Anyway, we were 4-0 down by half time. Most of the Palace end sloped off to the pub at HT and didn't return, missing absolutely nothing in the process.
Old 30-07-2017, 07:06 AM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
5-0 at Wigan and 5-0 at Derby were both appalling.

http://youtu.be/Jviw33M56UI
Old 30-07-2017, 07:23 AM
Mr Irony

Neckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is here
The absolute misery of going to the Arsenal last season sunk into my bones more than any long distance, heavy beatings I've seen dealt out to Palace. Standing in a river of water, in the pouring rain in that soulless concrete heap where escape to concourse at half time is futile. To cap it all, Palace were still suffering from the Pardew hangover and Giroud scored that sodding goal so beloved by the media sycophants.

Then trapped in North London afterwards waiting to get into the Tube. Never again.
Old 30-07-2017, 08:46 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckinger Eagle View Post
The absolute misery of going to the Arsenal last season sunk into my bones more than any long distance, heavy beatings I've seen dealt out to Palace. Standing in a river of water, in the pouring rain in that soulless concrete heap where escape to concourse at half time is futile. To cap it all, Palace were still suffering from the Pardew hangover and Giroud scored that sodding goal so beloved by the media sycophants.

Then trapped in North London afterwards waiting to get into the Tube. Never again.
Awful wasn't it.

Unusually for us, we left early. We'd stood for 2 hours in the rain and once Sam made those substitutions, we all accepted there was no way Palace were getting back in that match.

It was the thought of standing queueing in the rain to get down into tube afterwards, surrounded by the jubilant Arsenal tourists, that was the tipping
point.

By leaving early we walked straight down into that station, on to a train and away. We normally stay to the end, but sitting on that tube, coats and shoes steaming away with the damp, we all agreed that we'd made the right decision.
Old 30-07-2017, 08:54 AM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Cardiff away. Last game of 1973-74. We needed to win to avoid relegation, think they just needed to draw.
Stewart Jump scored a rare goal first half, then with twenty minutes to play, Peter Taylor who had turned our season around after we failed to win any of the first 15 games, gave the ball away in midfield and they broke and scored. That was it - we were down and to make matters worse, it pissed down all the way back from Ninian Park to the station.
Particularly sad day for me, as it was the last away game my dad ever went to.
Old 30-07-2017, 08:55 AM
One Henry Hughton

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbo View Post
Cardiff away. Last game of 1973-74. We needed to win to avoid relegation, think they just needed to draw.
Stewart Jump scored a rare goal first half, then with twenty minutes to play, Peter Taylor who had turned our season around after we failed to win any of the first 15 games, gave the ball away in midfield and they broke and scored. That was it - we were down and to make matters worse, it pissed down all the way back from Ninian Park to the station.
Particularly sad day for me, as it was the last away game my dad ever went to.
To be fair if we had won you probably wouldn't have been here to tell the story.
Horrible place in those days.

Twinned with MK Dons
Old 30-07-2017, 08:57 AM

burgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Raschic Ken View Post
We were comprehensively outplayed when losing 3-0 at Scunthorpe under George Burley. That was quite a low point. As was the 5-0 defeat at Derby.
That was a dreadful watch, we made scunny look like Barca.
Edgar Davids league debut for us,he must have thought what the **** have i done joining this rubbish.
Old 30-07-2017, 09:11 AM

jmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Brighton away 3-0 was on my birthday, that was grim.

More recently, I thought the Stoke defeat last season was pretty awful. We'd just been humped by Sunderland, so SA went ultra defensive and we still lost 1-0. Can't remember us even having a shot, it was cold and miserable and we were in Stoke. Crap day out.
Old 30-07-2017, 09:15 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Surprised (unless Ive missed it) there's been no mention of the 0-4 home defeat to Scunny under our Neil...
Old 30-07-2017, 09:25 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Oh so many, especially in the early to mid 80's when we'd manage one win away all season.

Oxford 85? was awful. 5-0 drubbing and totally ripped apart by a fantastic Oxford side. Pis*ed with rain the whole game too and just added to the misery.

Burnley away 2011 is another one that springs to mind. Only lost 1-0, but we conceded within 3 minutes then proceeded to defend the rest of the game like we were up against Real Madrid. No attempt to pass the half way line with any real purpose. I do recall Ambrose having a long range shot from a free kick near the end, but that was it. Travelling home I really questioned whether it was worth bothering going anymore.
Old 30-07-2017, 09:26 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Surprised (unless Ive missed it) there's been no mention of the 0-4 home defeat to Scunny under our Neil...
Maybe it's because it's a thread about AWAY games Worksop you thick fecker

Jesus, northerners

Old 30-07-2017, 09:27 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
The title of the thread is what ?
Old 30-07-2017, 09:35 AM

Dogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The day we lost 6-0 to QPR on the last day of the 89/99 season was probably my worst experience whilst following the Palace . We just didn't turn up ,were undisciplined with two sent off and really looked as if we were not bothered .
Old 30-07-2017, 09:45 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Maybe it's because it's a thread about AWAY games Worksop you thick fecker

Jesus, northerners

I put it down to you still recovering from the party the other night !
Old 30-07-2017, 09:46 AM

JackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Oxford 5-0 in the 80s. Took an asian mate to his first game and he got racially abused for 90 minutes by the oxford fans. Then got set upon by Palace fans at the coach stop - had to pull out my membership card to prove I was Palace
Old 30-07-2017, 09:54 AM
Contents May Vary

Robson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
7-1 at Huddersfield was fun....Or was it 7-0?!
"Not only did the Palace fans sing and chant for the entire 90 minutes, but they stayed behind after the final whistle in order to express their gratitude to players and manager for their efforts. If this is a set of supporters headed for relegation, that is to the Championship's gain and the true detriment of the Premier League, where sterile atmospheres have become worryingly commonplace." - Football365