Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 10-08-2017, 05:15 AM
in the 25th Century

Polish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Portable Turntable Systems

I`m back in UK soon and want to bring my LP record collection back here to Oz.

I won`t be able to bring my separate system which has a beautiful 70`s Rogers Amp. So am contemplating buying one of these portable turntables with integrated speaker systems when I`m back here.

I`ve read a few reviews and yet to see something that has had anything decent to say.
I can`t really afford to buy a new turntable, amp and a good set of speakers at the moment and don`t really have the room for it.

Anybody got one of these or would I be wasting my money

Cheers

Last edited by Polish Pete; 10-08-2017 at 05:22 AM.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:01 AM

Tomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Depends how often you're planning on playing them
The sound is pretty tinny, and if you're going to play anything regularly it will soon get damaged.
They're entry level models, and that's it.
Could you not spend a bit more and get a player with a preamp built in and just buy some speakers?
Old 10-08-2017, 08:27 AM

Harry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Look for an integrated amp on ebay and perhaps use pc speakers and a cheap separate t/t, which would mean you have a chance of enjoying your music.

If you bought the all singing and dancing kit your immediate reaction would be....why did I waste money!
Old 10-08-2017, 09:05 AM
in the 25th Century

Polish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thats what im worried about. I had kef speakers rogers amp and a decent turntable. It costs hundteds to ship it over. I see onkyo are still doing amps and sherwood. No nad any.more but teac have the market on combined lp players and speakers and are getting shite reviews. I loved teac before. Had a castte system which was awesone
Old 10-08-2017, 09:08 AM
in the 25th Century

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Bassett View Post
Look for an integrated amp on ebay and perhaps use pc speakers and a cheap separate t/t, which would mean you have a chance of enjoying your music.

If you bought the all singing and dancing kit your immediate reaction would be....why did I waste money!
20 years ago now if not more.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:39 AM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
220 investment needed ...

To view the link you have to Register or Login

If you can do it for that new, I'd suspect you can do it on ebay for 100.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:47 AM

Harry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish Pete View Post
20 years ago now if not more.
I try to be sensible with my comments because if you look up TW Acoustic Raven AC 3 turntable- Whest Reference phono stage and Einstein The Preamp you will note that I do not follow my own advice

Rogers made some super amps and used to be based in Mitcham.