Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 10-08-2017, 12:32 PM
Got 99 problems...

IpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Netflix - 25% load / buffer glitch on Freeview and Amazon Fire stick

Looking for help or knowledge on this...

I moved house recently and decided it time to abandon Sky / BT for the supposed Utopia of a simple Freeview box and an Amazon Fire TV Stick.

I use Netflix a lot, but on both the Freeview box and the Amazon Stick, the app loads but when trying to play an episode of something it gets stuck at '25%'. Then it crashes.

I have been trying every day since i moved in on Friday 4th August and no joy. All the other apps - BBC iPlayer, 4OD etc., they all work fine. And Netflix works perfectly when i link my PC or Laptop to the TV.

I have read various forums and comments and nobody seems to have an answer, yet it seems to affect a lot of people.

I have no wired internet yet, so am using mobile 4G wifi. Is that a likely problem? Other users seem to have it even with wired / fibre broadband.

Netflix status / network checker comes back as green ticks all round for servers and connection etc. The speed on mobile wifi is around 40mbps. And as i say, it works over MS Windows on the same internet connection.

I've tried loads of things including uninstalls and reinstalls, factory resets, and the cure all of turn of / on again.

Anyone get the same or have any ideas?

The silence that seems to come from Netflix / Amazon / Freeview manufacturers is deafening and they appear to just blame each other or the ISPs!

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Winston Churchill
Old 10-08-2017, 01:11 PM

nash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I have the same issue in Italy on a Sony Bravia TV (apparently it happens often with this model).

I reset the factory settings in order to obtain the latest version of the APPs and it seems to work fine.

also, something I have an issue with but you may not, is if you begin a film with subtitles on, it will just drop back to the TV mode. I need to remove all subtitles before starting the film.

FYI only, I have 300meg fibre optic broadband so wasnt down to the speed.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:39 PM

Zulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Having the same issue (samsung 60inch 4k) in Uruguay. Gets stuck on 25 percent, have to back out and load again, normally second time works. Only started happening a couple of days ago. It's definitely not internet speed as we are on fiber at over 60mbps
Old 10-08-2017, 01:46 PM
Keeping the peace

Goldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Had the same issue on the bedroom telly. Gave up in the end and went onto iPlayer which worked perfectly. If it continues I'll cancel the contract.