Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 03-10-2017, 06:07 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
Day having a pop at some of Hodgsons press comments.

"Hadn't heard of Ladapo" and "What am I meant to do, I've got a player from Championship Wolves up front (ref: Sako)"

In fairness most of us hadn't heard of Ladapo until this season.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:36 PM

johnp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
Couple of million wasn't it?

Peanuts to a team wanting to stave off relegation / revitalise their season

It's the lying that gets me - retiring changed to when I feel ready to now, if so and so came knocking I couldn't say no to the inevitable - the wife was fed up of me moping about the house so I reluctantly accepted the offer from XYZ FC

Only at Palace can we let these type of people slip through and replace them with numpties when there were great options available for all to see, terrible
I still believe that Sam used "retirement" as a reason to leave to be respectful to the club, rather than "I walked out because my plans and ambitions to bring the club to another level were not matched by the chairman"
Old 03-10-2017, 06:49 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef View Post
Similar to what Roy said but mixed with a bit of cynicism.

Roy said he didn't know much about Ladapo, and that he hadn't played much for Palace since signing from Margate. He also said we have a winger from Wolves playing the striker role after failing to land a striker in the transfer window.

Not sure what the problem is....
That's a really unnecessary and wanky comment in my view. Did Hodgson really say that?
Old 03-10-2017, 07:03 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Jordan and Pearce. Now that's a meeting of minds. Could they mangle the English language any more effectively?
Old 03-10-2017, 07:12 PM
cheeks

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
That's a really unnecessary and wanky comment in my view. Did Hodgson really say that?
Yes but I don't think it was meant maliciously. It's hardly an ideal situation is it? I think he was saying Sako has been asked to do a job he's not familiar with and is doing well.
Old 03-10-2017, 07:13 PM
Mr Irony

Neckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
It's not inaccurate is it? For all we know Roy and Bakary had a conversation where Sako said 'look guv, I'm not very comfortable playing up front, I was a winger during my time at Wolves. I'll give it a go though'.
Old 03-10-2017, 07:38 PM

TWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The more I read about Kevin Day the more I come to the conclusion he may be a bit of a dick!
Old 03-10-2017, 08:09 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef View Post
Yes but I don't think it was meant maliciously. It's hardly an ideal situation is it? I think he was saying Sako has been asked to do a job he's not familiar with and is doing well.
Yes, in a way. It's the "from wolves" but that's a bit snide. I'm sure that Sako doesn't see himself as a championship player. Didn't hear it myself so I don't know the context but it doesn't read well in terms of giving the player a boost.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:23 PM

Optimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWELLSEagle View Post
The more I read about Kevin Day the more I come to the conclusion he may be a bit of a dick!

You could it be more wrong.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:24 PM
cheeks

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
It's worth listening to the interview. I took it to mean that Roy didn't know the players too well yet - especially the fringe players. No backhanded comments, I just don't think RH is that kind of guy...
Old 03-10-2017, 08:28 PM

stayingup was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsstayingup was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsstayingup was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsstayingup was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsstayingup was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsstayingup was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsstayingup was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsstayingup was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsstayingup was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsstayingup was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsstayingup was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
it would be nice to hear a bit of chat in between the adverts on that crap station

Last edited by stayingup; 03-10-2017 at 08:33 PM.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:39 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
Yes, in a way. It's the "from wolves" but that's a bit snide. I'm sure that Sako doesn't see himself as a championship player. Didn't hear it myself so I don't know the context but it doesn't read well in terms of giving the player a boost.

Does he see himself as a league one player then?
Old 03-10-2017, 09:09 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not exactly according to the BBC website:

"We are playing a left winger from Wolves at centre forward, which is a position he has never played before in his life," added Hodgson of Sako

"Freddie Ladapo come on for his first Premier League game after being signed from non-league a couple of years ago, and he's never had a sniff of first-team football.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:28 PM

eagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Eagle View Post

"We are playing a left winger from Wolves at centre forward, which is a position he has never played before in his life," added Hodgson of Sako

"Freddie Ladapo come on for his first Premier League game after being signed from non-league a couple of years ago, and he's never had a sniff of first-team football.
Kevin Day getting his knickers in a twist over not a lot then.

Cant say im surprised.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:32 PM
cheeks

He wanted FdB and he didn't want Hodgson...
Old 03-10-2017, 10:01 PM

TWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimistic Kev View Post
You could it be more wrong.
Iím not sure itís a question of right or wrong.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:12 PM

Optimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWELLSEagle View Post
Iím not sure itís a question of right or wrong.

It is with regards to your statement.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:17 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Eagle View Post

That's the bit is totally wanky. Sako has been here for over two years and whilst not a success, the dismissive way Hodgson has effectively described him as a Wolves player just doesn't sound good to me.

If de Boer had said that, people would be pointing out that it shows how unharmonius the manager-player relationship was.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:21 PM
Heshlo Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckinger Eagle View Post
It's not inaccurate is it? For all we know Roy and Bakary had a conversation where Sako said 'look guv, I'm not very comfortable playing up front, I was a winger during my time at Wolves. I'll give it a go though'.
No problem with him pointing out that Sako was playing out of position, but the 'from Wolves' bit? He's been at Palace longer than 10 other players in the 25.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:51 PM

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
No problem with him pointing out that Sako was playing out of position, but the 'from Wolves' bit? He's been at Palace longer than 10 other players in the 25.
that just about sums up the clown and we really shouldn't be surprised, expect more of the same in the coming weeks, hopefully we'll have BFS back on board soon.