Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 08-10-2017, 09:43 PM

Spindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_cpfc View Post
Professional performance for the young lions in awful conditions
Think that we will surprise a few people next summer

Last edited by Spindle; 08-10-2017 at 09:48 PM.
Old 09-10-2017, 03:24 AM
Returned.

Daniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glazier69 View Post
Kane looks world class for Spurs. Looks like Benteke for England .
The difference between a club understanding and a disjointed national team. Some of the players lose all their abilities when they put on an England shirt. Can't pass, can't control, can barely run.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:57 AM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
The english national team are a reflectionof the state of english football. The english managers and coaches create pragmatic ,fear based,boring football, with very little flare, tecnique or creativity. We have similar problems at palace having had a long string of english journeyman managers and when the players are asked to do something different as they were under de boer they can't. Southgate said in an interview "we're going to play with 2 defensive midfielders in the qualifiers" . That kind of sums it up really.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:19 AM

01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_cpfc View Post
Professional performance for the young lions in awful conditions
Think that we will surprise a few people next summer
Yeah, pigs might fly!!!!!!!!

Coyp
Old 09-10-2017, 09:41 AM

aj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Qualifying for the world cup is a bit of a joke really. They need to sort the ranking points system out so teams don't have to play 10 pointless qualifiers and also work a system that means we don't have 4 crappy European countries whilst Argentina could miss out.

A proposal along the lines of the following:

Winner and Runners up of previous WC - 2 Spaces
Winners and Runner up of Euros - 2 Spaces
Winners and Runners up of Copa America - 2 Spaces
Winners and Runners up of African Cup of Nations - 2 Spaces
Winner of Confederations Cup - 1 Space

Then each Continent is allotted a certain number of places based upon either ranking points and countries available to enter. Then have a 2 legged knockout stage with the higher ranking teams entering at a later stage like they do for the FA Cup.

To Qualify from Euros currently have 54 teams competing. Those who have won the group this time round automatically enter at a later stage.

Edit - Confusing myself now I don't see how it is fair that Northern Ireland will qualify yet Argentina probably wont, primarily due to the strength of the South America qualifying group

Last edited by aj4england; 09-10-2017 at 09:44 AM.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:45 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Argentina would have struggled to qualify in a European group the way they have played.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:01 AM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Edit - Confusing myself now I don't see how it is fair that Northern Ireland will qualify yet Argentina probably wont, primarily due to the strength of the South America qualifying group
Not saying the general point isn't right, but specifically with Argentina. Have you watched any of their matches? Entirely reliant on one players, who has been injured a lot this campaign. Dire football. Adler has made the same point, seriously doubt they would have done better in some of the Euro groups.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:04 AM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
Not saying the general point isn't right, but specifically with Argentina. Have you watched any of their matches? Entirely reliant on one players, who has been injured a lot this campaign. Dire football. Adler has made the same point, seriously doubt they would have done better in some of the Euro groups.
Argentina massively over rated. Only reason Messi came out of retirement was because Ronaldo won the Euros.
Old 09-10-2017, 03:33 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
I would like to see England get into a group where we are tested, if we don't qualify we don't deserve it. To the outsider, the table looks brilliant but feck what dross we have played and had to play. We are a gnats cock just above the dross, I cannot see anything different happening from the last two world cup tournaments when we have to play real teams and not the 2nd division in qualifying.
Old 09-10-2017, 03:42 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
I would like to see England get into a group where we are tested, if we don't qualify we don't deserve it. To the outsider, the table looks brilliant but feck what dross we have played and had to play. We are a gnats cock just above the dross, I cannot see anything different happening from the last two world cup tournaments when we have to play real teams and not the 2nd division in qualifying.
The last decent qualifying group England had was for Euro 2008.No surprise what happened.
Old 09-10-2017, 05:57 PM

pardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is here
The manager is a nice bloke but a boring yes man. The players are devoid of on-pitch expression and personality. The players mumble the national anthem and look bored. The ITV coverage is grey, with a grey theme tune, grey pundits and grey commentators. The qualifying is long and tedious and easy. Home matches are sterile and stifling. Away matches are populated by FLA-type lads obsessed by WW2 and the IRA.

In other words, it's ******* shit.

I'm delighted to be half Welsh.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:08 PM

Olympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by pardew's shorts View Post
The manager is a nice bloke but a boring yes man. The players are devoid of on-pitch expression and personality. The players mumble the national anthem and look bored. The ITV coverage is grey, with a grey theme tune, grey pundits and grey commentators. The qualifying is long and tedious and easy. Home matches are sterile and stifling. Away matches are populated by FLA-type lads obsessed by WW2 and the IRA.

In other words, it's ******* shit.

I'm delighted to be half Welsh.
That's a great outburst, pardew's shorts - made me proper chuckle. I've only ever seen one England game, vs Turkey in 1991. Taking my lad to his first England game vs Germany next month - looks like we're in for a treat