Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 10-10-2017, 01:49 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE5eagle View Post
Was slightly underwhelmed by the main character in the trailer, but I've faith in R* to make an epic story out of this.

Haven't bought a day one release in two or three years. In fact I allow myself a budget of 100 a year for games, but I've only spent 20 odd quid this year (I get Fifa the April after it's released, on EA access, along with all their other bobbins, for that amount.)

However, this and Sea of Thieves will be day one purchases next year; bring on the spring!
I can't wait to play it, but I'm only up to about 2013 in my games list so I'm going to have to.

It helps to be a few years behind.
Old 10-10-2017, 04:37 PM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
It really does, Heb, it's cheaper and so much stuff is released with bugs these days, that then needs patching, it makes deferred gratification so much more sensible.

That being said, I've watched loads of SoT on youtube and it just looks like so much daft fun, whilst rdr was my favourite game; so i'm back to being a day one numpty for these.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 10-10-2017, 05:56 PM

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
I loved RDR. I can see why you're going all in. It's not just cost for me, it's just that I stopped playing for a few years and I don't want to start playing 2017 games as I'll then be disappointed to go back to older ones which right now I'm loving!

I'm about to start Far Cry 3

I also like it that when I play all DLC and patches are already out so feels like I get the best version of a game.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:53 AM
Bass Man

bunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
I loved RDR. I can see why you're going all in. It's not just cost for me, it's just that I stopped playing for a few years and I don't want to start playing 2017 games as I'll then be disappointed to go back to older ones which right now I'm loving!

I'm about to start Far Cry 3

I also like it that when I play all DLC and patches are already out so feels like I get the best version of a game.
I'm about a year or two behind now due to backlog haha. Almost finished all the DLC for the witcher. Then I can move onto either Far Cry Primal, Call of Duty Infinite warfare or dishonoured 2.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunter View Post
I'm about a year or two behind now due to backlog haha. Almost finished all the DLC for the witcher. Then I can move onto either Far Cry Primal, Call of Duty Infinite warfare or dishonoured 2.
I have the Witcher in my library still to play.

The Witcher 2 mind, not 3
Old 01-02-2018, 04:19 PM

Sp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is here

Dear All,

We are excited to announce that Red Dead Redemption 2 will be released on October 26th 2018. We apologize to everyone disappointed by this delay. While we had hoped to have the game out sooner, we require a little extra time for polish.

We sincerely thank you for your patience and hope that when you get to play the game, you will agree the wait will have been worth it. In the meantime, please check out these screenshots from the game. We look forward to sharing a lot more information with you in the coming weeks.

With thanks,
Rockstar Games

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 01-02-2018, 05:32 PM
Question!

AJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
At least we have a date now. I can't ******* wait!

Now repeat after me "I AM FREE".
Old 01-02-2018, 05:39 PM

East-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I may finally upgrade to PS4 for this
Old 02-05-2018, 03:41 PM
Question!

AJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
New trailer is out. Looks epic.

Now repeat after me "I AM FREE".
Old 05-07-2018, 03:22 PM

dogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE View Post
Found the first one very boring

Gave up on it
Red Dead Revolver is the first one. Red Dead Redemption is kind of the second game (even if the first one is very different).
Old 05-07-2018, 03:28 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
How anyone can find RDR boring is beyond me. It was one of the best games i've ever played. Excellent gameplay, superb story, interesting protagonist, superb score.

I'm so excited for the next one.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:35 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Can’t wait for this.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:34 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
How anyone can find RDR boring is beyond me. It was one of the best games i've ever played. Excellent gameplay, superb story, interesting protagonist, superb score.

I'm so excited for the next one.

Riding the horse from place to place picking weeds or plants in middle of the desert was just no fun
Old 06-07-2018, 08:40 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE View Post
Riding the horse from place to place picking weeds or plants in middle of the desert was just no fun
Also makes up a tiny part of the game.
Old 09-07-2018, 09:03 AM
This

Galo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
Also makes up a tiny part of the game.
-Having to watch the same animation when skinning animals
-Trying to shoot backwards whilst steering a horse.
-New mission - Cutscene, ride from point A to point B, cut scene, shootout, mission complete, pick up ammo, ride back to point A for another mission.
-Die mid mission and spend 20 mins to get back to the same point.
-Having to find a bed somewhere to save your game
-Whistle and then have to wait 15 seconds for your horse to turn up.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:21 PM
Lost in translation

BBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is here
You can pretty much say the same thing about GTA. It's a niche game that does the story very well, invests you in the characters and had good game play (at that time).

You can describe offline sports games the way you just described RDR. Easy to highlight the negatives or positives to spin your opinion.
Old 09-07-2018, 08:45 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Pretty much every open world game runs the risk of the problems that Galo highlights. I found RDR unique to start with, but quite tedious (in an AC1 level of tedious) in pretty short order.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 10-07-2018, 05:30 PM
43% Burnt

There a hint of hyperbole is Galo's post though.

-Having to watch the same animation when skinning animals - with a few exceptions, skinning animals wasn't a requirement.
-Trying to shoot backwards whilst steering a horse. - yeah, i'll give you that
-New mission - Cutscene, ride from point A to point B, cut scene, shootout, mission complete, pick up ammo, ride back to point A for another mission. - that's action games in general really. It's what they do outside of these parameters that counts and the imagery, storyline, score and characters that tie it al together.
-Die mid mission and spend 20 mins to get back to the same point. - hyperbole much. Did you walk between spawn and mission points???
-Having to find a bed somewhere to save your game - again, not ideal. But you're never far from a town or camp
-Whistle and then have to wait 15 seconds for your horse to turn up - if it took 15 seconds, I think your game was broken!

At the end of the day, my enjoyment of a game depends on how it makes you feel. This was a game full of joy, humour, edge-of-your-seat intensity and genuine sadness at points. If RDR2 comes even slightly close, i'll be very happy.
Old 11-07-2018, 01:25 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Started a new game the other night, it hadn't lost its charm.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 09-08-2018, 01:25 PM

Hector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Today they will be releasing the first gameplay trailer...... so hoping it's amazing.